Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Amazingly Uplifting. No arms No legs.

http://www.wimp.com/watchingthis/

Just to add some text this made my heart feel better. Good energy.
personkarastipegembara

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Saw this on FB earlier today. Amazing. No excuses for anyone.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    I don't look at it as no excuses because there are excuses. Some people have injuries beyond their legs, arms, and bodies. It's all samsara and I am happy for that guy.
    person
  • A mind unruffled by the vagaries of fortune, from sorrow freed, from defilements cleansed, from fear liberated — this is the greatest blessing.

Those who thus abide, ever remain invincible, in happiness established. These are the greatest blessings.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/kn/snp/snp.2.04.nara.html
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Oh yeah. That's Nick... Great guy.

he's a public speaker and motivator now, and had a beautiful wedding a while ago....
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    He has a good attitude, in fact he has a great attitude. Some for various reasons have a bad attitude . . . and boy do they wish they had a great attitude (mostly).

It is moving our being into the conditions that motivate and fuel our egoic desire for well being that is a skilful step. It is possible for some to bypass but on the whole we need a range of practice options. I am reminded of the student who in desperation at gaining Boddhidharmas attention, threw into Bodhidharmas meditation cave, his freshly severed arm . . .

Somehow we have to find that motivation, what is a missing arm or two . . . ?

I have a feeling Nick would find the following sketch funny . . . which I post in the furtherance of bad taste and post political correctness

Jeffrey