Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• Neat. :) I used to eat vegetarian meat. I'll have to give it a try if it comes to my grocery.
  • id rather buy nuts beans n corn i enjoy cooking.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    Thanks for posting. It sounds pretty legit from the website, but I'd like to see the actual list of ingredients. I'm definitely going to pass this along to a vegan friend of mine though. She's been bummed ever since she went vegan that she can no longer eat Quorn.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    It's not sushi it's "NOT SUSHI!!"

For goodness' sake - if it's not the 'real deal', quit trying to pretend, or promote it as such!! They're meat substitutes in seaweed wraps!
    Victorious
  • Thanks for posting. It sounds pretty legit from the website, but I'd like to see the actual list of ingredients. I'm definitely going to pass this along to a vegan friend of mine though. She's been bummed ever since she went vegan that she can no longer eat Quorn.

there are probably recipes on that website for bean/lentil burgers. it has like a bazillion recipes on the website.

ps i just googled quorn and it looks kinda scary.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    blu3ree said:

ps i just googled quorn and it looks kinda scary.

No, it's lovely and harmless and wouldn't hurt a fly. :p
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Its not all sullen and inscrutable like tofu.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    federica said:

For goodness' sake - if it's not the 'real deal', quit trying to pretend, or promote it as such!! They're meat substitutes in seaweed wraps!

Especially if it's grainless... it literally is not "sushi."
  • federica said:

Seriously!
    You know I can bake a yule log cake that looks exactly like a "log" of a tree... complete with realistic bark, sprigs and mushrooms growing out of it. Still doesn't make it wood- and you wouldn't throw it into the fireplace either!
    LOL
    the world has gone crazy. ;)
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    MaryAnne said:

federica said:

Seriously!
    You know I can bake a yule log cake that looks exactly like a "log" of a tree... complete with realistic bark, sprigs and mushrooms growing out of it. Still doesn't make it wood- and you wouldn't throw it into the fireplace either!
    LOL
    the world has gone crazy. ;)
    I couldn't decide on the "insightful" button or the "lol" button...but what a great response!

• SOYLENT GREEN!!!