Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Goodbye and good luck....

Just want to say a huge thank you to all of you I have met here and for your contributions to my questions...

I am getting a little 'addicted' to this site and although its a better 'habit' its not helping me to get out and practise/learn/evolve call it what you want!!

I am neglecting the important things in my life being preoccupied with 'me'.

Sending love and compassion to you all, I've really enjoyed my short time here, even the bickering!!

Mettha x

lobsterriverflowEvenThirdInvincible_summerTheswingisyellowDobs

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited December 2013
    May you have days of love, peace and compassion. :)
    Until next time.....

BTW: I've been addicted too...since I got here... haha
    Could be worse....are you addicted to candy crush?
    I messed around and burnt dinner...twice...hahaha.
    I hear ya....take care of what needs taking care of....
  • You will be fine. Maybe you can control the time you spend here? I have a lot of time so maybe I don't understand. You will be missed.
  • “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
    ― Gautama Buddha

Thanks for being with us questionable addicts, dependents, contributors and possibly Buddhist . . . ;)

Come back any time you evolve or not . . .
    Fair thee well
    :thumbsup:
    jaeTheswingisyellow
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Best wishes.
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Vastmind .. not addicted to candycrush never been a fan of computer games tbh...prob just as well!! Be happy x
  • Today's activities are the stepping stones in the stream. Keep your eye on the shining castle on the hill.

Good luck. We've enjoyed your company.

Smiles.
    lobster
  • Take Care, @Jae... be Well <3
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    edited December 2013
    take care, @jae. We can be virtual shoulders at need, remember that. :D
    lobsterJeffreyTheswingisyellow
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    edited December 2013
    @jae many blessings on your path!
    Middle way in all things, even this thing.
    I hope we see you again, I have stepped away only to return, good people here.
    With great love and compassion I wish you all the best!
    lobster
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    jae said:

I am getting a little 'addicted' to this site and although its a better 'habit' its not helping me to get out and practise/learn/evolve call it what you want!!

Yes, addiction to Buddhist forums does happen ( ahem ) but it's one of the nicer addictions really. I should probably get some treatment for this addiction under the National 'Elf Service but I'm not ready to give it up just yet.... :D
    lobster
  • From time to time I need to take painkillers called Solpadeine. On the packet it says taking them for more than three days can be addictive.
    So I don't.

I find if I stay on New Buddhist for more than a few weeks at a time it starts to become habitual, and more and more egoic and time consuming.
    So I don't.
    I take regular, and sometimes lengthy, breaks.

Other peoples experience may vary of course.
This discussion has been closed.