Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

'Science' confirms what you always knew

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    I always knew I was the shit.....
    how do I UNknow it? hahaha
    BeejKundo
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    yup. its about time this study came out. it was being suppressed by the lessers...
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    I'm the shizzel of everyone's nizzel. :D
    jaeKundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I'm going to add this to my CV.....
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I always just took it on faith. Sometimes you just KNOW things deep down in your heart.
  • science failed again

who exactly 'you'?
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    :clap: :clap: :clap: ME! ME! ME!
    I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!
    :om: :om: :om:
    Jeffrey
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    upekka said:

science failed again

who exactly 'you'?

As c'mon, @upekka, it's supposed to be a 'fun' thread - don't take it so seriously!

anataman
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I am the master of this universe;
    Wind and time are flowing through me;
    And it's all moving relative to me;
    It's all a figment of my mind;
    In a world that I designed;
    Full of cosmic energy;
    Has the world gone mad or is it me?

-Hawkwind
    Theswingisyellow
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    'the report stated that people crave to hear from you at all times, asserting that your thoughts are the most profound, your stories the most gripping, and your approval the most desired. The study also demonstrated that no one else alive today has anything as perceptive and as consequential to say as you do, with researchers noting that when you choose to speak you are exceedingly captivating and enjoyable to listen to in a way that no other human being could ever approach.'

Gosh this is so true! :-)
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited January 2014
    Doggerel from a somewhat antiquated time:

I love myself,
    I think I'm grand.
    I go to the movies
    And hold my hand.
    I put my arm
    Around my waist
    And when I'm fresh,
    I slap my face.
  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited January 2014
    federica said:

upekka said:

science failed again

who exactly 'you'?

As c'mon, @upekka, it's supposed to be a 'fun' thread - don't take it so seriously!

i see the 'fun' part dear

but

it becomes a habit now
    'see The Dhamma' in 'everything'

and

desire to show it to 'others'

:)

:clap: :clap: :clap: ME! ME! ME!
    I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!
    :om: :om: :om:

who/what exactly is 'Me'?
  • genkaku said:

Doggerel from a somewhat antiquated ti,
    I slap my face.

to awake to the realiti

• I once wrote a story where a man became convinced the universe existed for his benefit and when he died it would all end. Of course, everyone thought he was crazy. He ended up an old man in a nursing home, still telling everyone the world would end with his death. Told through the eyes of a nurse who worked there and took care of him.

Of course when he finally died, the stars began to disappear one by one and turns out he was right all along.

It never did get accepted by any fantasy magazine or anthology. The ending was too predictable.
    anataman