Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Temperature Control

For some reason, when I am in the Buddha state, I don't sweat. I don't even smell. In fact, ever since I started practicing Nichiren Buddhism, I've stopped wearing deodorant. Does this [not] happen to any of you guys? Why is it that meditation gives the body such seemingly huge advantages?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I wondered what that smell was.....

ThailandTomanataman
  • Yes it happens. The reason is sweating and odour is a fear response. Relaxed being means one is not in a fear state. It goes further but is of little importance. The metabolism, mind/body complex as a side effect can be changed by practice . . .

If you want to sweat, take up running or exercise, to smell eat garlic and spices, yum.

• Have any of you heard of Wim Hof? - the ice man! He can control his immune system and body temperature.

• @ownerof1000oddsocks said:
    Have any of you heard of Wim Hof? - the ice man! He can control his immune system and body temperature.

That's pretty cool, but the only Iceman I know of is the serial killer Richard Kuklinski AKA The Iceman