Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Without even realizing it women are subconsciously teachers of the Dao

I hope this doesnt sound ridiculous to you guys!

They say that everything is a teacher of the Dao, ive noticed it in women as well. People who say "women dont make sense" do not realize this. Ive noticed that they are able to sense my emotions subconsciously, and they react almost instantly to them. Also The way they feel about you is so temporary that it may only last for a few seconds, until the feeling arises again later. This teaches impermanence and no self. It helps me realize that I am not the one who was there a moment ago in the past but the one who is here right now in the present. It teaches detachment. When I experience the feeling of 'No-self' the women who are hanging out with me are suddenly drawn to me. When I experience a moment of desire than suddenly I repel them. When I am feeling gentle suddenly they are touchy and huggy with me. Its funny, I am able to hang out with a few women for hours without saying much while they will still consider me to be good company without realizing my lack of words. This is because throughout the whole time I am actually meditating my feelings and that is the company we share. If you ever felt like women dont make sense than maybe you should consider this.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Trust me honey - we realise it. It's just taken you guys about 3 millennia to get it too....!
    ..:p
    It has been said that a woman is 99% Spiritual and 1% deluded.
    Men are 99% deluded and 1% spiritual; But that it is just as difficult for women to overcome that last 1%, as it is for men to overcome their 99%.

Don't shoot the piano player - I was told that during a Qi Gong/Zham Zhong tutorial weekend, by the Master teaching the group!

banned_crabKundoklouisefaith
  • :)

This is an interesting observation. A lot of truth in it. As people progress I would suggest the women become aware of their 'male' thinking and males become normal or more aware of their feminine side. This is nothing to do with sexuality.

banned_crab
  • The more I learn about Buddhism the more I realize my wife is - without realizing it - already practicing a lot of what I am learning.

Federica's observation of woman being 99% spiritual and 1% deluded and men being the opposite rings very true in our household - just don't tell my wife :-)

lobsterBuddhadragonbanned_crabKundo
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Well, women are more intuitive than men, that's why we talk about "feminine intuition." We also have in varying degrees a Florence-Nightingale quotient which makes us more tender towards melancholic, pensieroso boys. But I wouldn't bet too high on the latter because the effect wears off with age. Both sides.
    Anyway, everyone knows the story: the more you try to please, the more you repel. The more dettached you feel about a situation, the more people approach you.
    Reminds me of the old fable of the little cat that chases its tail because it thought happiness was in its tail.
    The old cat laughs and says to him: "My son, I, too, have paid attention to the problems of the universe. I, too, have judged that happiness is in my tail. But, I have noticed that whenever I chase after it, it keeps running away from me, and when I go about my business, it just seems to come after me wherever I go." (C. L. James "On Happiness")

lobsterbanned_crabpersonKundo
  • @federica said:
    Trust me honey - we realise it. It's just taken you guys about 3 millennia to get it too....!
    ..:p
    It has been said that a woman is 99% Spiritual and 1% deluded.
    Men are 99% deluded and 1% spiritual; But that it is just as difficult for women to overcome that last 1%, as it is for men to overcome their 99%.

Don't shoot the piano player - I was told that during a Qi Gong/Zham Zhong tutorial weekend, by the Master teaching the group!

I think in this generation women have become alot more deluded than 1%. They have tried to reach the status of men in recent times. If you see women who cant stop talking about themselves than they are clearly deluded and have no moment to use their intuition.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh my.... I'm not even going to rise to that morsel of rubbish. More than that, that is.

• @federica said:
    Oh my.... I'm not even going to rise to that morsel of rubbish. More than that, that is.

Its not an insult its truth. Men chase women usually to boost their ego, they chase the women with the highest status. Women who do the same with men are usually the deluded ones as opposed to being intuitive.

• Its not an insult its truth.

I would use your 1% feminine intuition and quit now . . .

federicaKundo

Is this discussion going to degenerate into some kind of gender sparring?
    Because if it is, we'll stop it right now. it's puerile, juvenile, ignorant and unnecessary.

lobsterKundo
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

@federica said:
    it's puerile, juvenile, ignorant and unnecessary.

In other words... :wave: Manly.

Buddhadragon
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

When my kids were growing up, we had two sets of lesbians living in different houses across the street. And when my daughter got old enough to recognize that we live in what is considered a lesbian-friendly community, she became somewhat irritable in the way that teenagers can. "If we can have a Gay Pride Day, why aren't we having a Hetero Pride Day?" she asked with some reason and a good deal of snarkiness. She really could get up some steam on the topic.

To chill her jets a little, I pointed to the two lesbian couples who lived across the street. "What do you think of them?" I asked, referring to one couple. "They're jerks," she snapped immediately ... and I agreed. "And what about the other couple?" "Oh, they're different," she replied. "They're really nice people." And again I agreed.

So to my mind, it's not someone's sexuality or sex that makes much difference. What makes a difference is whether they are nice people or jerks.

Of course, as a means of political expediency and not wanting to get beaten to a pulp, I will agree that women are the wiser and fairer sex. I'm nobody's fool, right?

:)

VastmindBuddhadragon
  • @federica said:
    Because if it is, we'll stop it right now. it's puerile, juvenile, ignorant and unnecessary.

I don't see why your always attacking my threads. If you hate my thread so much than why always reply to them.

edited April 2014

First of all, I am not attacking your thread.
    I disapproved of one post.

I have pointed out that you have a tendency to post threads which betray your state of mind, which seems to be quite negative a lot of the time, and others did agree with me there....

Secondly, it's my job to keep an eye on all threads.
    It's what I do.
    And I am as much at liberty to respond as anyone else is.

I'm also old enough to be your mother, and having 'been round the block' a few times, I can evaluate your post as having been quite foolish and not very well informed.
    I suspect that with experience, the right company and a bit of worldly adventure, you will actually change your mind.

Suffice to say you have a narrow view of gender roles, and generalising in such a way is unskillful.

edited April 2014

@federica said:

@heyimacrab said:
    I don't see why your always attacking my threads. If you hate my thread so much than why always reply to them.

And let's clarify a couple of things.
    My question is quite legitimate. if this thread is going to become a mere terrain for gender tit-for-tat, I WILL close it.

Secondly - I wouldn't have so much to comment on if you, in turn thought before engaging in discussion.
    Shooting from the hip is rarely accurate, and furthermore, it means you have more of a likelihood of shooting yourself in the foot.

Kundo