Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

is it rong 2 love yourself??vj

What does body required mean?

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited February 2016

I don't understand what you are asking. Could you try restating your question again?

• @Julesvincent said:
    What does body required mean?

I am a tad con fuzed

• If you have no sole purpose in dis life what should u meditate on?& iz it wrong to love yourself if no one else does!?

No its a good place to start.

From the sound of it you are new to Buddhism. The Buddha taught for 40 years and for 2,500 years since others have commented and expanded on that so there is a lot to know to get a full picture of what to do. It's generally best to start with a few minutes of a basic breathing meditation.

or if love for yourself is something you need you could try this one.

Then just take time and learn about the philosophy behind Buddhism and ask questions. Be easy on yourself and try not to feel like you need to learn everything and be perfectly enlightened by tomorrow.

Julesvincent
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

Some say that a worthy purpose of life is to allow
    compassion to arise in the place of greed,
    love to arise in the place of hate
    and wisdom to arise in the place of ignorance.

Hmmmm. What was your question again?

personlobster
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@Julesvincent said:
    If you have no sole purpose in dis life what should u meditate on?& iz it wrong to love yourself if no one else does!?

You mean to tell me you have no sole purpose in Life? If so, you are deceiving yourself. If you're still here, why? If you want some ideas as to what to meditate ON, then you could get creative: meditate on the lack of purpose in your life OR the void OR cotton candy. :star:

I should add, the results from Buddhist practice doesn't come about in terms of hours or days, but rather months and years. The good side is that the change is real and lasting, and it doesn't rely on anything outside of yourself.

silver
  • rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran
    edited February 2016

It's not wrong to love oneself. Buddha advices to love or accept the oneself the way oneself is!
    Meditation eliminates the noise and gives clear vision to understand things as it is.

• ****> @how said:

Some say that a worthy purpose of life is to allow
    compassion to arise in the place of greed,
    love to arise in the place of hate
    and wisdom to arise in the place of ignorance.

Hmmmm. What was your question again?

Wake up iwas just testing y,all I've been a practicing Buddhist over 20 yearsplus My name ain't jules it's jewels and I don't like be in called name dropper in England its a derogatory term.those who know do not speak

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited February 2016

@Julesvincent

Phew....20 years
    Am I glad I didn't ask how hairy your palms were with that much self love.

silverBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh good grief....

silver
This discussion has been closed.