Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Spiders and karma

2»

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Just the same as the British military then? I spent a while in the RAF - what's a click Ma'am?

Duuuuuuuuuh - short for kilometre?

Whassa kilometre Ma'am?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2008
    When I was living in the Alps, we were warned not to ask a Chasseur Alpin how far anything was. They answer in time not distance - but they also do not walk, they trot! Their "deux heures" can turn into four or five.
  • edited February 2008
    I like the directions you get given in rural France -

oh yes, go on down the road, turn left at Therèse's house, go on til you get to where the bread shop used to be and it's on your right. If you get to Marcel's, you've gone too far.

Completely impossible if you haven't lived in the village for less than 20 years.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Knitwitch wrote: »
    I like the directions you get given in rural France -

oh yes, go on down the road, turn left at Therèse's house, go on til you get to where the bread shop used to be and it's on your right. If you get to Marcel's, you've gone too far.

Completely impossible if you haven't lived in the village for less than 20 years.

Nothing so underlines that Bretons and Cornish are siblings as their attitude to 'emmets' and incomers.
  • edited February 2008
    Which, of course, is why I got taken in as a "cousin" and my husband got called "the Englishman" ......... and we hope for world peace!!!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Nothing so underlines that Bretons and Cornish are siblings as their attitude to 'emmets' and incomers.
    Yup! Just like the Scottish Gaels and Irish and the Welsh. Lol!! They're all so alike you'd think no time had passed at all. Oh how I love them!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Ooooopppsss! I forgot to make the type bigger in my last post. I've started doing that now because I'm 40 now and old and everything.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2008
    Yeh, thanks for that, Boo... replied the 50-year old....:mean:

:lol:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Perhaps I should bold the type, too? For those of you (Fede) who are really old?
  • edited February 2008
    Yes, this 51 year old is finding size 1 a bit of a problem, especially in long posts
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited February 2008
    It's nice to be the youngster on a forum for once, except for KoB of course. Still, in Army years, I'm old.