Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Blindsight

PalzangPalzang Veteran
edited August 2008 in Arts & Writings
I had the great fortune to see this movie last night here in Sedona. It is a wonderful documentary about a courageous young blind German woman who travels to Tibet after hearing the way that blind kids are treated there and sets up a school for them. Then they get the idea to climb Mt. Everest, inspired by the story of the first blind person to make the climb, a young man from Golden, Colorado, named Erik. So eventually six of the older kids and the teacher and her partner team up with Erik and some experienced mountain guides to climb Everest (Chomolungma). Actually they were heading for a somewhat smaller peak next to Everest but really part of the same mountain.

This is one of the most inspiring movies I've ever seen, and I heartily recommend it to everyone. The heart of these kids is amazing! They are out to prove that they are as capable as anyone, and their story has actually improved the lot of blind kids and blind people in Tibet. Now instead of being kicked in the street and treated like less than human, they are treated like rock stars.

You can check out their website to find if it's playing near you or buy the DVD. You won't regret it!

Palzang

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2008
    Thanks, Palzang! I'll keep an eye out for it. It sounds fantastic!
  • edited August 2008
    I added it to my Netflix list. It sounds amazing. Can't wait to see it.