Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mike of dawn&mike

edited September 2005 in Faith & Religion
Hi everyone! This is the Mike part of dawnandmike! Thanks to all of you for your support and understanding! All of you have been a great source of inspiration for my wife and have helped her on her path of understanding of Buddhism. I too have had many problems with christianty even before begining to walk along my buddhist path. I have began to look deeply into my issues and have began to soften my veiw a bit. I still feel I have a long way to go! In our area so many people close their minds and would rather tell you how you are going to hell and let that be the end of conversation. I have began to understand that most Christians are really concerned for what they believe is my well being. I also can see that some are just on a conversion power trip. I feel the best thing I can do is be a good example for all those around me (daughter included) and explain my views and thoughts in ways that cause no strife. There are many good teachings I have learned from Christianty and Buddhism as well as many other sources in my life. All these teachings have guided me to where I am today. I hope I can express these to my daughter in a way that she will be free to make her own decisions wisely. I have come to see that many of the differences between beliefs (within my self or others) may serve as a teaching tool and a learning experience on tolerance and understanding for my daughter. I still have so much to learn and it is good to know I have such a great source of support in all of you! Thanks to all of you for being here with me now, I look forward to talking with all of you again! -Mike

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2005
    It's good to have the two of you here.

As for me - I don't think I've told anyone about my beliefs for a long, long time. I find that people go along much happier if they can make their Christian statements and not hear a response that may destroy their frail framework of faith.

I just smile at them and go my way and everything seems to be "good-good". It's not that I'm hiding my beliefs - I probably wouldn't have responded to them if I were a Christian. Some people are just not worth agony of a discussion...

Not that they're worthless! I didn't mean it like that. It's just too much trouble to butt heads with a Bible thumper.

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Welcome, Mike. Good to meet you!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Hello Mike, nice to have you both aboard! Hopefully you've realised now that we're really a pretty ordinary bunch of people, and that we're all quite different in our approaches and responses, but we're certainly all united in our approach to new members. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we're delighted to have been of help. More than happy to oblige - keep on keeping on! ;)