Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My big move

edited August 2010 in General Banter
Warning: This thread has absolutly nothing to do with buddhism!

Well fellas, I am officially a Californian. I made the big trip a couple of weeks ago. We (my ex-girlfriend and I) left pennsylvania on monday morning. Our cross-country route took us west towards pittsburg, then southwest though west virginia down to Lexington, kentucky then down to nashville, tenn then we turned west towards memphis. In memphis we saw graceland (kinda wierd) then we cut across arkansas and through oklahoma. We then crossed the panhandle of texas and went west to santa fe and abluquerque. Then we went to flagstaff and south to phoenix to see one of my cousins (and stay somewhere for free!). Then we headed north and west again to see the grand canyon (awesome, btw). We then saw the hoover dam and spent a night in Vegas. The last day we came across california to our final destination- Santa Barbara! Total mileage: 3579 (We had two cars, so we both drove the whole way)

My new apartment is 9 blocks from the beach and only about a 10 minute bike ride to the engineering buildings at UCSB. In case you don't remember, I am starting as a graduate student in 2 weeks for my PhD in electrical engineering. Its gonna be tough, but I am looking forward to it. I am also loving living here for real. It feels good :)

Hopefully I will have enough time to keep up with you here and at SM (although here is easier cause I can direct messages easier)

- Matt (the other one ;) )

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2004
    Sounds cool. I bet you won't be a lonely buddhist out there. Chances are, there's a big sangha out there that you can hook up with.

Man, i'm jealous. I want to travel so bad. Every time i travel, I learn more, experience more, and just feel "bigger" inside when I get back. The farthest I've ever gone is northern minnesota (in a car.. In the middle of winter, no less). I fly to Washington DC on business every now and again, but that's not really travelling.

One day...... Road trip...... can't wait...

Congrats, tycho :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited September 2004
    Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and getting settled in. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Oo what parts of arkansas did you cut across
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't count on getting an answer back Anyanka.