Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Steve Jobs a Buddhist?

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited April 2011 in General Banter
Steve Jobs a Buddhist?
No wayy...

Comments

• ZaylZayl Veteran
    Not our concern, to be quite blunt.
  • who is steve
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    who is steve
    Apple Inventor.
    who is steve
    Yea, but interesting???
  • how is his new job a buddhist? I do not watch the news so sorry I have no clue about this
    edited May 2011
    how is his new job a buddhist? I do not watch the news so sorry I have no clue about this
    No need to watch the news:) It's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
  • lol, sorry I thought you meant his new job was a buddhist, not Steve Jobs is a buddhist lol.. Anyway, he may well be a great practitioner, but a lot of his life kind of goes against a few buddhist teachings don't you think?
    lol, sorry I thought you meant his new job was a buddhist, not Steve Jobs is a buddhist lol.. Anyway, he may well be a great practitioner, but a lot of his life kind of goes against a few buddhist teachings don't you think?
    Lol... My point exactly!:)
    What I hear is that he is a huge egotistical person.
    No judgment, but definitely gossip...But I am working on it!
  • lol, saying that, one should not really judge people as we really have no right. Speaking from a buddhist perspective, if you look hard enough without judging, you will see he is just ignorant to the ultimate truth and enjoys feeding his ego. Yet I do not see this as negative, just see it as it being him...
    lol, saying that, one should not really judge people as we really have no right. Speaking from a buddhist perspective, if you look hard enough without judging, you will see he is just ignorant to the ultimate truth and enjoys feeding his ego. Yet I do not see this as negative, just see it as it being him...
    I suppose you right.
    Pointing out the obvious...
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    I think it's interesting to note what prominent figures are Buddhist, and how their practice may affect their lives, or businesses, profession. I hadn't heard he was ego-driven.
  • There new series of south park aired on wednesday and the first episode was about apple and of course, he was in it :p was quite funny but as most of the episodes, far out and obscene
  • I don't know Steve Jobs, but I have to wonder that many of the descriptions of his being "ego driven" (and who among us isn't?) aren't just envy of his incredible intellect and business acumen. Sure, the guy may come across as cocky sometimes (who doesn't?). But he's undeniably brilliant. I find often that people who operate on an intellectual plane that's several floors above the average person tend to be belittled as egotistical, even if they aren't. Maybe Jobs is, but it's not for me to judge. He *is* a Buddhist though.
  • I am a buddhist, but I have my faults and I Ma sure most of us do. The only person you can judge IMO is yourself. I personally never become jealous of people with bast intellect or wealth, the people with vast wealth I often feel sorry for in a certain manner. He has desired to get super wealthy, if he is somebody who believes truly in the dharma, he should know that any amount of money will not bring true happiness and probably cause a whole lot of problems
  • VincenziVincenzi Veteran
    well, co-founding the only company that makes truly reliable computers is buddhist enough.
    There new series of south park aired on wednesday and the first episode was about apple and of course, he was in it :p was quite funny but as most of the episodes, far out and obscene
    Yea, I have seen the episode and it was great!