Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

British Humour at it's Most Random

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited October 2011 in General Banter
Okay, this was a 'quiz show' that started quite a few years ago (some of you may know of it) but it has been revived and I personally find it very funny. As I often mention in my posts, I am curious to the response from people on the link which is 30 minutes, it is a quiz show, but the whole point of the show is not the quiz itself, but comedy.

http://www.videobb.com/watch_video.php?v=zCXbTGAtKh0e

Comments

• Ah, Shooting Stars...classic comedy. :)

If you like this, you'll love QI, Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You.
  • Never got into QI, mock the week was good when I was still there, have I got news for you, average. You may be too young to know of the 'fast show'??
  • Ah, Shooting Stars...classic comedy. :)

If you like this, you'll love QI, Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You.
    Dont forget, Never Mind The Buzzcocks :D
  • yes lol, however did we forget that classic. The new shooting stars though I watch on youtube now and again, it is pretty hilarious IMO.
  • Never got into QI, mock the week was good when I was still there, have I got news for you, average. You may be too young to know of the 'fast show'??
    Nope - I watched it when it was first aired and remain a fan to this day!
  • :clap: why did it stop after only 2 seasons?? I have heard and read comments from brits back home that no sketch show or anything really is that good these days, the writers of the fast show should get back together on something!!
  • 2 seasons? There are at least 3 to my knowledge.
  • I cannot fully remember, I can only seem to scope out 2 on youtube (my memory is shady in some areas for a variety of reasons). But still, that show was class, nostalgia defined :D
  • nostalgia? yes it is unskillful, but no depiction of some authority can stop me, big brother!!
  • I like "Would I lie to you?" in which comedians have to tell lies about their life and the others have to guess if it's true or not. It's really funny guessing what ludicrous situations are genuine or not - often the truth is funnier than fiction.

The one that still makes me laugh is David Mitchell having a picture of his beige carpet as the wall paper on his phone, because he took the photo to show somebody and then couldn't work out how to remove it from 'wallpaper'. After that episode, people were sending him their really, really boring wallpapers on Twitter.

I think humour can be a very Buddhist concept, especially if it's about seeing the absurd in everyday life.
  • lol, it is quite funny, british yes but he was better in 'peep show' as he does not have enough time to talk without pauses in that show. Nice link though, and apt :p
  • Peep Show is fantastic! I'm gradually accumulating it all on DVD.