Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Major US Intelligence Agency Reveals ET Contact!!!

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited November 2011 in General Banter
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1424/136/Major_US_Intelligence_Agency_Reveals_ET_Contact.html
http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/ufo/key_to_et_messages.pdf

Scientists determined that mysterious signals received in 1957 were transmitted to Earth from an advanced alien civilization. Decades have passed while security analysts and dedicated cryptographers struggled to decipher the enigmatic messages from a completely unknown, distant alien culture.
Now, in 2011, the National Security Agency—one of the United States' most secret intelligence gathering organizations—has released under protest (forced by order of a U.S. Federal Court judge) stunning information about intelligent life in the universe.
But as usual, the non-curious, inept, doltish mainstream media completely ignores it.

NSA briefings are mostly held in secret
NSA analysts marvel at strange messages
Twenty-nine lengthy transmissions were received and verified as being "of extraterrestrial origin." According to some in the intelligence community, this hot potato was given the highest priority and assigned to "goggle-eyed geeks" tasked to find out exactly what the enigmatic transmissions said.

NSA supercomputers worked on alien code
Speculation among some of the NSA spooks about what the mysterious messages said allegedly ran the gambit from sarcastic guesses they were just some garbled alien radio commercials (an inside joke that drew nervous laughter from some of the analysts) to those that were convinced the messages—coded in some unknown mathematical progression—conveyed the basics of unlimited energy, star travel, or even time travel.
Allegedly, those that subscribe to the latter theories have absolutely nothing to support their belief.

Comments

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited November 2011
    Interesting. Here is a comment I read:

This is a BS story -if I've ever seen one. Come on, not a single piece of empirical evidence to back up these extraordinary claims?

First, lets look at this realistically. For the sake of this argument, lets just pretend that ET is real and have made contact with planet Earth. Do you really think that the NSA would have documents in their archives about it, ripe for an FOIA request? Yeah right!!! No, they aren't that stupid or amateurish. If such an incident did in fact occur, it would be handled by contracting or shell corporation so that FOIA requests and other bureaucratic obstacles would be practically useless.

Next, even if by some crazy chance that a document of this caliber did exist within the government archives, a lawsuit be useless, as we have seen over and over that a court of law matters not a single iota when trying to do anything that TPTB don't approve of. One only need to look at the vast use cases pertaining to 9/11. If every single lawsuit attempt or court motion gets denied even for something as nonchalant as petitioning Saudi Arabia about the alleged 9/11 hijackers, then you can rest assure that some super-secret document about ET contact that the NSA wants to remain secret, surely wouldn't get passed being thrown out of court for one ridiculous reason or another.

To any objective mind, this story screams of a hoax, or at the very least, uninformed wishful thinking.
    edited November 2011
    Although, I personally am still waiting for the day we make contact, whether it be through radio waves or actual contact. I have no clue if this will be in my lifetime or not, or if it will even happen at all. I see it as more likely than not.

I don't think, as Stephen Hawking thinks, that aliens would be entirely hostile. If a species has become so advanced that they have created space travel the likes of which we haven't even begun to think about; then surely, whatever race they are, they have evolved past the barbaric violence that currently plagues humanity.
  • Or their barbaric violence could be worse. Just because they're techno-savvy doesn't mean they have hearts and use them. But we don't need hostile aliens to destroy us. We're doing a good enough job of that ourselves. :p
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Or their barbaric violence could be worse. Just because they're techno-savvy doesn't mean they have hearts and use them. But we don't need hostile aliens to destroy us. We're doing a good enough job of that ourselves. :p
    Seriously!
  • GuiGui Veteran
    I heard recently that a message from deep space was recieved regarding the Voyager space probe launched in 1977. The message was,"Send more Chuck Berry". :p
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited November 2011
    If a species has become so advanced that they have created space travel the likes of which we haven't even begun to think about; then surely, whatever race they are, they have evolved past the barbaric violence that currently plagues humanity.

Funny, if you substituted "air travel" for "space travel", this quote could have come from 1880 :)

PS: I used to work at NSA, I can tell you this is bunk. Even NSA isn't that good at keeping secrets...
    If a species has become so advanced that they have created space travel the likes of which we haven't even begun to think about; then surely, whatever race they are, they have evolved past the barbaric violence that currently plagues humanity.

Funny, if you substituted "air travel" for "space travel", this quote could have come from 1880 :)

PS: I used to work at NSA, I can tell you this is bunk. Even NSA isn't that good at keeping secrets...
    Wow, very interesting!:)
    Thank you for sharing!
    edited November 2011
    Or their barbaric violence could be worse. Just because they're techno-savvy doesn't mean they have hearts and use them. But we don't need hostile aliens to destroy us. We're doing a good enough job of that ourselves. :p
    Well, I don't see us getting to Alpha Centauri for a couple hundred more years (or more)? Perhaps I'm over-estimating, but that is besides the point. If it does take a long time for us to do this, do you think that we wouldn't have moved passed this violent, barbaric lifestyle that humans have been living for thousands of year? Just think - the time we are living in now is the most peaceful time ever in human history. Its just getting better from here, even if it doesn't seem it. I have hope for humanity. For these aliens, I'd believe it'd be the same way. Or perhaps I've just very naive.

-

"The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say "Do not despair".

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die [now] liberty will never perish...

...Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness."
    - Charlie Chaplin, "The Great Dictator"
  • If stem cells come along perhaps we will see alpha centauri in our multi-generational bodies grown in tanks.