Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited January 2012 in General Banter
1. Rid myself of the mindless chatter inside my head. Although funny story: when I went to give blood, I fainted and the last thing I remembered was space, warm darkness and No thought.

2. Peace

3. Strenght... "god make me strong that I MAY help others."

Comments

• Wow, seeing that YouTube video of the guy getting beat up on that closed thread, has just got me wishing people weren't such animals to each other. You lose faith in mankind when you see stuff like that.

But yeah, I'd wish for peace, love and acceptance for all of us. That's all.
  • How about one wish, the Big Wish: that humanity realize its potential to create heaven on Earth. That would pretty much cover all the bases, wouldn't it?
  • How about one wish, the Big Wish: that humanity realize its potential to create heaven on Earth. That would pretty much cover all the bases, wouldn't it?
    the kingdom of god is at hand, salvation is now... We just need to wake up from the dream of illusions and delusions.

But it takes so long
  • jlljll Veteran
    1. to be enlightened.
    2. people in this world would stop the mad rush to consume and destroy the earth.
    3. I am sure I will think of sth good when I am enlightened.
  • the kingdom of god is at hand, salvation is now... We just need to wake up from the dream of illusions and delusions.
    But it takes so long
    It's not me, or the rest of us here, that I'm worried about. It's the corporate structure, those greedy financiers, politicians who don't vote and legislate in the public interest, the whole rotten mess.

• Sigh, yes
  • Keep hope alive, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Things always have to get much worse before they get better.
  • All religious leaders truly grateful to the common destiny of one same peace of all beings and the Almighty.

All beings truly know peace beyond materialism as mentioned in all religious context, and exploiting materialism for the needies across the world.

May all beings attain Buddhaness then shall I enter complete bodhicitta in the Land of Ultimate Bliss, otherwise, my wish to liberate living beings will take precedent till all enter equal bliss same as Buddhas of ten direction :om:
  • 1) the ability to stop time
    2) the ability to go invisible
    3) certainty that something happens after death

hahahaha
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    1) an infinite number of additional wishes....

Form an orderly queue... all our dreams are about to come true!
  • GuiGui Veteran
    You are free to have as many wishes as you want. But I don't understand the point of making wishes.
  • @gui lol.

Granted wishes. :banghead:
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    *Miss Universe-like smile*
    1. World peace
    2. World peace
    3. World peace
    1. Learn medicine
    2. Open or work at a small veterinary clinic ( I want to be my own boss)
    3. Attain enlightenment ( how do I do that ? )
  • GuiGui Veteran
    I sound rude in the context of this discusstion, I know, but I just want to say that things are just the way they are. This is not perfect and it is not imperfect. It's just the way things are. If we have wishes to make something different than the way they are right now, then this desire brings discourd and suffering. Sometimes it's fun to have wishes and daydream but it's easy, particuarly for me, to end up in long-term daydreams.
  • @ gui...i agree whole heartedly. I think I need you as my reality check friend. I also think that once you realize that things are the way they are you can chose to change them if it results in positive. Goals and dreams and wishes have their place. With a reality check. Lol.