Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Share your mind-expanding, paradigm-shattering, belief-dissolving info HERE!

mindatriskmindatrisk Veteran
edited August 2012 in General Banter
I have read and listened to LOADS of far-out crazy material along my journey. Stuff about aliens, Illuminati, NDEs... just allsorts of things that have stretched my mind and perspective right out of the limited walls of my normal perception. I've found it all fascinating, and taken it all with a pinch of salt, but there is nothing more exhilirating to me than having my horizon broadened and my vision of life and existence expanded out way beyond what even my imagination could muster. This is a space to share whatever materials have done likewise for you too. It is irrelevant to whether they are true, proved or debunked, just so long as the stimulated within you a sense of wonder and awe at the simple possibility of being true.

Here are a few of my own...

Alex Collier interview

Alex claimed to be in contact with two advanced aliens from the Andromeda galaxy who would visit him from time to time to share information about our world and its affairs. A lot of what he says in this 1994 interview has proven to be wrong - for whatever reasons - but his passion and some of the insights and ideas he shares have undeniable weight. He is still conducting interviews and lecturing to this day.

Hidden Hand - interview with an Illuminati insider

http://www.illuminati-news.com/00363.html

This is a fascinating and very plausable account from an 'Illuminati insider' about Earth events and the true spiritual purpose of the dark forces that are working on this planet. Some truly mindblowing ideas and views in here.

Christian Andréason's Near Death Experience account

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/index.html

Christian claims to have had a NDE and whilst 'dead' spent a lot of time in 'heaven' asking questions about life, God, the purpose of life, the nature of evil, the existence of hell, and just about every question you would ask about existence if you had the chance. The answers and ideas are, again, wonderful, inspiring and mindblowing. Who knows if it is true or not? But I cannot imagine anyone reading this and not at least hoping that it is true. To get to the main NDE experience you need to scroll down to where it is entitled 'Walking in the garden of a loving God'.

These are some of my favourite ever reads / listens, mainly because they connect with me, fascinate me, and pull me out of my own small, Earthly concerns out into a Universe that is beyond my comprehension in scope, potential and beauty. I hope someone else finds value in them too.

Please share your own material!

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Sorry, I was drawn to Buddhism by the down-to-earth, non-paranormal teachings at its core. That's what expanded my mind, shattered my paradigms, and dissolved my beliefs.
  • Andromeda, eh? :lol: More of an SG1 fan myself, but I got over Browder and Black joining in the end :p
  • RebeccaSRebeccaS Veteran
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I don't know how sensible it is to expose people to such utter nonsense. Sure, we know it's nonsense, but there are vulnerable people out there who eat this shit up. "Lightworkers" for example. It's not healthy and I'm not sure compiling a selection of claptrap in a place where it could potentially mislead the vulnerable is wise.
  • I don't want to alarm anybody, but there is an excellent chance that the
    Earth will be destroyed in the next several days. Congress is thinking
    about eliminating a federal program under which scientists broadcast
    signals to alien beings. This would be a large mistake. Alien beings
    have nuclear blaster death cannons. You cannot cut off their federal
    programs as if they were merely poor people ...
    (Dave Barry, http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread5340/pg)
  • lamaramadingdong:
    Sorry, I was drawn to Buddhism by the down-to-earth, non-paranormal teachings at its core. That's what expanded my mind, shattered my paradigms, and dissolved my beliefs.
    If Buddhism had all the paranormal things stripped from it, the canon would be as thick as a 1955 Little Lulu comic book.

Have you read, from the Pali canon, the Vimana-vatthu (stories of the mansions/flying saucers) and the Peta-vatthu (stories of the ghosts)?
  • Omg that was hilarious! Man, that site has so much stuff, I could get lost for hours :lol:
  • Rebecca, I also vouch for Alex Chiu's immortality devices:

http://www.alexchiu.com

• ThePensum:

Don't worry about the earth being taken over by force from non-earth beings. Do I look dangerous? Although my blinking naturally alternates, unlike yours, and half my large brain sleeps while the other half stays awake, I am very much like you. Those like me are coming here because there is a Buddha somewhere on earth and we've been trying to find him since his birth. All of our vimanas (you call them flying saucers) have been working overtime to find him to hear his teaching which we can already sense somewhat. In the meantime your invisible sun is going to increase in spiritual power by many times (it has been dormant for many thousands of years). Some of you might have difficulty making the adjustment. Don't worry, we will recycle your bodies and put them to good use. :)
    ThePensum
  • Ooooh check out the arrogant closed mindedness on the lovely Buddhists! I said from the start that it mattered not what the information was but what it's impact upon you was. You are all here going to have a very, very difficult time proving anything that you believe, think or feel as true. EVERYTHING you think is at best a hopeful, educated guess. You cannot be certain of anything. You believe it because it made an impact on you... it helped you... it resonated with you... it made you think in different ways. Such arrogance! Do you not see that there are many people out there who would consider Buddhism to be the same outlandish claptrap? I thought I was amongst more reasoned, considerate people here, not mocking, patronising children. Hmmmmm.
    ThePensum
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Ooooh check out the arrogant closed mindedness on the lovely Buddhists! I said from the start that it mattered not what the information was but what it's impact upon you was. You are all here going to have a very, very difficult time proving anything that you believe, think or feel as true. EVERYTHING you think is at best a hopeful, educated guess. You cannot be certain of anything. You believe it because it made an impact on you... it helped you... it resonated with you... it made you think in different ways. Such arrogance! Do you not see that there are many people out there who would consider Buddhism to be the same outlandish claptrap? I thought I was amongst more reasoned, considerate people here, not mocking, patronising children. Hmmmmm.
    I must admit, you are brave!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Start insulting long established experienced members like this, and see what happens.

gratuitous insults are unnecessary, unwarranted and not permitted.
    You've received opinions, and educated ones at that.

so much for you 'spread a bit of loving kindness' policy.
    One contradictory word and you're just a hypocrite.
This discussion has been closed.