Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just a quick question

ZaylZayl Veteran
edited August 2012 in General Banter
I'm filling out job forms and whatnot and I am entirely confused at to what my "race" is that I have to check. I'm Sicilian, so does that mean I'm white? all of my fellow countrymen are like me, of very dark complexion with brown or black hair, and brown eyes. I've tried to look it up online but with no concrete results. Should I just mark the "other" box on these forms?

Comments

• Mark what you feel comfortable with. If it's other than do it with no upset. I don't think there is a 'rule' here just go with what you feel
  • Isn't that question optional?

But I'm guessing Sicily is part of Italy and since Italy is part of Europe, I guess you'd be white?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I'm Italian too... but Sicilians are a race apart. Have they got 'alien'....!? Scherzo!!!

you're caucasian/white.
    doubtless, in Sicily there is a heavy north African genetic influence - but yes, you're still Italian.
    and white.
  • And they only ask for statistics so dont worry if you get it wrong , but if you want the job, put white ......joking.
    Zero
  • I assume it is white unless there is one that is dark European. Where I live there is the hispanic/non hispanic question mostly. ALso one race only is too limited for most ofthe staff and students Iwork with.
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    federica said:

in Sicily there is a heavy north African genetic influence

True Romance - watch out for Christopher Walken - he wont like this one little bit :D