Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Reincarnation - chronicles the epic story of exiled Tibetan Buddhist master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited August 2012 in Buddhism Today
Filmed over 20 years by acclaimed documentarian Jennifer Fox, My Reincarnation chronicles the epic story of exiled Tibetan Buddhist master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and his Western-born son, Yeshi. As Namkhai Norbu rises as a teacher in the West, Yeshi, recognized from birth as the reincarnation of a famed Buddhist master, breaks away to embrace the modern world. Can the father convince his son to keep the family’s spiritual legacy alive? With intimate access to both the family and H.H. The Dalai Lama, Fox distills a decades-long drama into a universal story about love, transformation and destiny. Winner, Top 20 Audience Award, 2010 International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam. Produced in association with American Documentary | POV.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/myreincarnation/

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    funny that the heading banner says "documentaries with a point of view" ;D I subscribe to no such fallacy

Thanks for the link @LeonBasin ! I must check this out when I get back to the loosely amalgamated states.
    Not a problem Sova!:)
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited August 2012
    Actually, the film was more about his son, and the strained relationship between father and son. Good film.
    Actually, the film was more about his son, and the strained relationship between father and son. Good film.
    It really is!
  • Lotus21Lotus21 Indiana Explorer
    edited August 2012
    I Just completed watching its entirety, totally absorbed by the movie.
    I've had this notion for a long time that I was a Tibetan in the past life.
    DaltheJigsaw