Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Problems with Meditation

Lately i have not been feeling as "in sync" with the world as usual. It might be because of my recent move to America which has put me off spiritually. Please be kind and I ask for advice from anyone.

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited September 2012
    How is that a problem with meditation though?

Can you elaborate on this not being "in sync"? The best way to solve a problem is firstly to identify the problem! :)
    steveien
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Where did you move from? I imagine an international move will disrupt anyone's normal flow. Especially moving to America in the midst of such political turmoil lately. 2 months before a presidential election is a brave time to move ;) Are you practicing and not able to connect, or feeling unable to practice or something else?
    steveien
  • Also America is a huge place, that could be Brazil, Canada or the US.. I would suggest trying to find the closest sangha which is fairly easy to do with google or buddha.net. Best wishes.
    steveien
  • A move anywhere is generally a disruptive experience and especially so if it is to another country. Everything is different and it takes time for the mind to adapt. When I moved to America, it took me years to start feeling that I'm part of it. So meditation or not, adjustment is a natural process and I believe you just need to be patient with yourself.

I do believe that practice can help as it generally trains one's mind to not be so attached to external circumstances and moved by them (that's kind of the whole point, isn't it?). Finding a community to practice with would probably be beneficial as we are social being and tend to do much better in groups, as long as they are the right kind of groups.
    steveien
  • cozcoz Explorer
    sorry to hear about the bit of termoil your having,
    but glad im not the only one, i find if i dedicate myself to sitting with my favorite mala
    and learning a new mantra i can chant , it always helps me find that comfotable spot near the Buddha
    here is to your new found focus
    peace and joy
    Coz
  • No matter where you go, there you are.