Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Theres a mosquito in my bedroom .......

There's a mosquito buzzing around my bedroom .....and they eat me real bad .....boo hoo .....

Comments

• You could try asking him to leave ... I've seen this work :) Other times, they pretend not to understand.
    carolann
  • Squish it and hurry it onto it's next life.
  • I think its using stealth mode ....waiting for me to drift off and then he can feast away ......
    zombiegirl
  • Well...don't know which latitude you're at, but he'll likely be gone shortly anyway!
  • I m in the welsh mountains , UK ...
  • I went on to the balcony this morning and got absolutely swarmed! They're all over the place!
  • Sleep through it. Takes some getting used to, but that's possible.
  • Or get some cats. They eat them and you don't have to feel bad because it's just nature taking its course. :)
  • I am fortunate to be one of those people who doesn't get much recognition from mosquitos, living in SE Asia that really helps quite a lot, also considering I have no shots for malaria, yellow fever or dengue fever. I think some of us know about the whole Dalai Lama thing and mosquitos..? He has killed a few in his time.
  • Well I slept and came out i think with all my blood.....did nt know cats ate them , ours would of been no help though she was out doing whatever cats do all night.....
    No Tom I don't know that one ? ..
  • I see them as a potential danger to my health, I have heard of many cases, in my area alone of people getting fatal viruses from mosquito's, If I am in the car and I am able to, I will shoo it out of the window, however, if I am in the position where I won't be immediately rid of it, I will definitely kill it. If they didn't carry these viruses I wouldn't but unfortunately they do...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Any potential danger to my health, even if it's involuntary on their part, and insects get it. Flies are filthy, mosquitoes are malarial - and they carry other diseases too... fleas also, are for the high jump.

If you'll pardon the pun.
    These insects are potentially life-threatening. And having participated in Health & Safety/Food hygiene training, I'm telling you, these insects are not good news.
    I'm sorry - but I draw the line at Metta and compassion for a blood-sucking, disease-spreading, poo-sucking, itch-inducing nasties.
    If they had any useful, redeeming beneficial qualities, I'd think again.
    But they haven't, not uniquely....
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Depending on where you live, there's things like West Nile Virus, Dengue Fever, and Malaria.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2012
    AND Helminthiasis.... ugh!!

Yeah, you see, they're not nice, are they....?