Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

WOW! PRICES $6 Dollar Gas Prices In Los Angeles,CA Area! WOWWW!!!

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited October 2012 in General Banter
I'm shocked, but not surprised. However, I'm also worried, as my job is primarily on driving. Yes, they pay me, but it's only 32cents a mile!!!:( I am sure they not going to increase. By my house it is $4.70 for regular!!

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/site-offers-consumers-less-pain-at-the-pump/

Comments

• I am surprised you are shocked. You live in Cali, you live in the US, and oil is getting less and less and people are getting ever more greedy. I would say either get a new job or go and address your boss or person of higher position than yourself.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

I am surprised you are shocked. You live in Cali, you live in the US, and oil is getting less and less and people are getting ever more greedy. I would say either get a new job or go and address your boss or person of higher position than yourself.

You right! But $6? The reason I am shocked, is because there is no public transportation that is first decent, reliable or reaches so widely compared to New York, Tokyo and and so on.
  • Brace yourself, it's only going to get worse as time goes on.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Try $15.00/gallon.
    That's how much we have to pay in the UK.
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    federica said:

Try $15.00/gallon.

Yet, you all have a great public transportation system. America doesn't have any good public transpiration system like Europe has.

DaltheJigsaw
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2012
    In cities yes. rurally, it's a mess, and being cut back on a monthly basis by cash-starved authorities.
    And we pay dearly for our transportation system, because they're not government run, they're privately owned. Did you know, for example, that it costs marginally less to go from London to Edinburgh by train (one way) than it does to fly to the south of France (return).

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

http://www.edreams.co.uk/engine/ItinerarySearch/search
  • PrairieGhostPrairieGhost Veteran
    edited October 2012
    One of the problems with public transpiration is when people don't use deodorant.
    OneLifeFormDaltheJigsaw
  • One of the problems with public transpiration is when people don't use deodorant.

:lol:

Public perspiration..
    DaltheJigsaw
  • I got from London to Edinburgh last month for 2 pounds return.!
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    LeonBasin said:

I'm shocked, but not surprised. However, I'm also worried, as my job is primarily on driving. Yes, they pay me, but it's only 32cents a mile!!!:( I am sure they not going to increase. By my house it is $4.70 for regular!!

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/site-offers-consumers-less-pain-at-the-pump/

We're lucky...here in Colorado it's about $3.63.

LeonBasin said:

But, I understand from the news that it was due to an oil refinery fire (or such), and that the prices are already dropping back down now that the situation has been fixed.

federica said:

Try $15.00/gallon.

Yup, karma works! :D

One of the problems with public transpiration is when people don't use deodorant.

Or pee in the subway car!

federica said:

Try $15.00/gallon.

Holy smokes! But don't you guys have better public transportation?
    B5C said:

federica said:

Try $15.00/gallon.

Yet, you all have a great public transportation system. America doesn't have any good public transpiration system like Europe has.

Exactly! We don't have shit! Especially in the boonies!!
    vinlyn said:

LeonBasin said:

But, I understand from the news that it was due to an oil refinery fire (or such), and that the prices are already dropping back down now that the situation has been fixed.

Yes, it was due to a few factors, but they are not dropping. They mentioned it staying up for a while. For a while probably means a few months, which is a lot! As I was putting $25 every few days and now I will put in $60 every few days....Big jump! Imagine other people who drive more than I do?
    edited October 2012
    LeonBasin said:

Holy smokes! But don't you guys have better public transportation?

@LeonBasin, Yes... pay attention. I've posted about it, further up..... And our systems suck.
    DaltheJigsaw
    zither said:

I got from London to Edinburgh last month for 2 pounds return.!

@zither, How the hell did you manage that - ?!

• They say part of the problem is a temporary bottleneck. A supply line from one of the oil companies went on the fritz. They expect things to be back to normal in a few days.

In the meantime, @Leon, use the bus or bike. The bay area has fabulous public transport, for the most part.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    we don't have public transportation at all where I live. No taxis, no buses, no nothing. The nearest city with a city bus route is 120 miles away, and even that is pretty mediocre and mostly there to serve the college students. Our gas right now is $3.89 I think, that's down about 20 cents from a couple weeks ago. We do try to minimize our driving, but having a family of 5, and living out of town, it's hard. We plan ahead and consolidate trips so we aren't wasting gas for extra running around, and my son gets ride with others who are going to the same games and such as he does. But for the most part, we do 99% of our own transportation, and end up putting about 20,000 miles on our 2 cars in a year, at a cost of about $7000 a year just in gas, nevermind repairs and general maintainence. I really would prefer to do more walking and biking, but it's hard when you have 5 feet of snow or more on the ground 6 months a year, lol.
  • Hi, Vinlyn:
    Or pee in the subway car!
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transpiration
  • federica said:

zither said:

I got from London to Edinburgh last month for 2 pounds return.!

@zither, How the hell did you manage that - ?!
    Hitch-hiking?

• One of the problems with public transpiration is when people don't use deodorant.

They probably believe, like edison, that life is 99% perspiration.