Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Cleaning" past Karma

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to clean our past karma?.

Comments

• these are the four powers to clean bad kharma :

O Loving One, if a great bodhisattva keeps four practices, then
    he or she can never be overwhelmed by bad deeds that they have
    both committed and collected. And what are these four practices?

They are the activity of destruction, and the activity of an
    antidote, and the power of restoring, and the power of the
    foundation
    and can be found right here - enjoy :
    http://www.acidharma.org/aci/online/_media/text/practice6/Practice6Reading.pdf
    blu3ree
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    edited April 2013
    (Quote from previous thread: )

I try this little thing where I clean something in every room I enter, imagining that it helps bring me good karma, or helps negate some bad karma. It's like a little offering in every place I go, if I can.
    Hi Amelia!
    Thank you for suggesting this. I am about to go do housework, so I will put it into practice!

Noooooooo. Doing good for others is the key. But, to each his own.

• TakuanTakuan Veteran
    I would first focus on not creating anymore bad karma. Generally speaking, however, practice (any Buddhist practice) purifies karma.
    You might find this video helpful.
    Lucy_Begoodblu3ree
  • past is gone.
    focus on here and now.
    ThailandTomLucy_Begoodblu3ree
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited April 2013
    You can't, all you can do is dilute it if you will and work/operate/practice in the present. You may create the right conditions for certain types of karma to ripen of the past in the now, depending on what those conditions are depend on what may ripen. I was told karma is like sowing seeds, some get thrown in fertile soil and can easily grow and ripen, some fall onto less fertile land and require more energy and time to ripen, as ignorant beings we cannot fully understand karma, so just keep on truckin, in a positive truck of course.
    Lucy_BegoodJeffreyPatrTheEccentric
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Tom, that's (dilute) a very good way of looking at it!
  • I try to keep my bad karma down to one part per billion or so.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Oh I think housework might earn you good karma in some ways. When I see a mess in a store, I'll straighten it up, and so on. Yesterday I helped my mom with the huge pile of easter dinner dishes. That's what I took from that post. Not that the person expects to develop good karma by cleaning the toilet at their own house (though if it helps and makes other members of the home happy even that is possible) but more so doing something every place they entered to help someone else, so that they don't have to do the cleaning. I hate it when people are disrespectful to those in retail or service jobs. Knock over a whole stack of stuff and keep walking? I'll stop and clean it up, because I know the person who has to do it probably has more work to do than they have time for already.