Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ah-Ha Moments!

So just as a general thread, that I hope to see at the top for a while I thought I would make a thread deciated to Ah-Ha moments, things you have figured out in your practice or because of your practice.

I know in my sittings lately I keep coming back and relizing in new and different ways how all things are connected. To be more specific I was sitting this morning and it dawned on me and I was able to clearly see and understand the path or web of how my house was built. The wood came from trees that came from the ground that was made rich by many things including the carcus of many things now passed. In a way without their passing the tree would not have grown and be cut to be processed by people in such a way that the building of my hosue could occur.

Lets here it, what was your most recent? What was your most prolific? What was your most Memorable?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Last night, the realization that self is a false duality self-perpetuated by the mind which translates into the feeling that there is an "I" to which the voice in your head belongs to (as well as every other thought and feeling you "own").

Two things produced laughter:

One, how the ouroboros is a metaphor for self and mind.
    ouroboros.jpg

Two: being taught and all those moments focusing on "bringing your attention back to your breath"

The desire to speak in third person is strong.
  • edited December 2009
    My first and most memorable - "The mind must be used in such a way that it is free from all attatchment" - The Diamond Sutra

Unfortunatly, however, it didn't stand the test of time in my practise, may try again someday :)