Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

People I want to kill.

edited December 2009 in Buddhism Basics
there exists a certain shady organization of people, who steal money from people under false pretenses. I've finally decided to kill these people.

In my mind they ruin the lives of many many people, and they do deserve to be killed. they are the type of guys who will scam an old lady out of her fortune, etc etc

If i bomb/shoot/murder these assholes, who WILL ruin many peoples lives in the future,

will that hurt my karma or help it?
If i go out of my way, to protect the people of the future,
.......?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Just to add, I do feel hate towards them,
    but it's not an emotional type of hate,
    it's a style of hate, which is a "mechanism" for justice..
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Dear TheFound,

Your words are becoming more nonsensical, irrational, and hysterical as time goes on. In all honesty, it's a little worrisome.

There is no such thing as non-emotional hatred. You said you're an advanced Buddhist. Your post goes against everything Buddhism teaches, in a number of ways.
    there exists a certain shady organization of people, who steal money from people under false pretenses.

What orginization? Burger King? They have the crappiest hamburgers around and at a ridiculous price. :rant:

Your words describe half the businesses on the planet. What organization are you talking about?

It sounds like it's time to start practicing Buddhism, and work on yourself. Try it for five minutes; see if you can come up with any alternative solution. :om:
  • edited December 2009
    I think you're an extremist looking to justify your twisted thoughts by expressing them on a Buddhist website. You are not compassionate!

Talking about murder show you may need some help, if meditation and the dhamma doesnt help then visit your doctor.
  • edited December 2009
    Dear TheFound:
    Those thoughts, (hopefully no bodily actions) have injured your True-Self (Buddha Nature, in another word). Negative thoughts put us deeper into our ignorance and un-enlightened state. Compassionate acts and habitual wholesome deeds purify our Buddha Nature and put us in the path to Enlightenment. Compassion is our base or root source of purity.
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited December 2009
    All of us just want to be happy and to avoid unhappiness. Whether we are scammers, people wanting "deals" (who get scammed), or people who want justice.

You are angry and would like to ease the pressure of that anger. And you think that the anger will diminish if you take action. And if you label that action "justice", then you will not feel guilty. You are, like all of us, only trying to be happy and to avoid unhappiness.

And like all of us, you think that if you give in to the anger, it will go away. In truth, you will instead be feeding it, and losing your self and your control over the anger. The karma for killing is exceedingly bleak, and even just contemplating murder creates negative imprints that will set future implications for your unhappiness.

The ONLY constructive way to handle anger is to look at it. Not run away, not fool yourself about how you act it out. Look at it, label it, let it go. If you do not see your anger, seek out a psychologist to help you with it ... because all of us here see it!!!

And the ONLY constructive way to help others is to obtain enlightenment as quickly as possible, and then lead all others into enlightenment. Because suffering is inescapable in samsara. And karma will take care of justice without you lifting a finger.

Now go do some compassion meditation. Feel sorry for EVERYONE, the scammers, the scammed, yourself, and me too.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited December 2009
    I think you should go and see your doctor pronto !
  • edited December 2009
    TheFound wrote: »
    there exists a certain shady organization of people, who steal money from people under false pretenses. I've finally decided to kill these people.

In my mind they ruin the lives of many many people, and they do deserve to be killed. they are the type of guys who will scam an old lady out of her fortune, etc etc

If i bomb/shoot/murder these assholes, who WILL ruin many peoples lives in the future,

If i go out of my way, to protect the people of the future,
    .......?

Who in the world are you talking about? I fear for you and those around you.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Nice troll, TF
  • edited December 2009

I must have missed this gem...

Okay, Batman.
  • edited December 2009
    I have been where you are - I know what it's like to be full of anger & hatred. Probably 4 different reasons but it is comparable.

So ALL I can say is that things can change. I thought I would go 2 my grave filled with strong negative emotions.

What 2 advise? Not sure really because I still can hardly believe I am the SAME person.

You might find this enlightening -

http://innerself.com/html/meditation/love--compassion/dealing-with-strong-emotions.html

Best of Luck

Namaste
  • edited December 2009
    "Don't bite the hook"-Pema Chodron
  • edited December 2009
    I think I'm slipping a bit, you guys.. I was so full of compassion last month lets say. I really felt like an awakened compassionate being, I was even saying how they should not execute the DC sniper and forgive him/rehabilitate him..

but then..
    things attacked ME (and my ego-centric mind) directly!
    .... and so
    I just flipped the friggin switch on this shit...

I realize my Buddha Dharma is made like a house of cards, even a very small movement in the system will topple it...it's foundation is weak,

and so I realize I should seek a STRONG foundation for my practice..instead of the internet being my spiritual teacher (lol)
    I should actually go sit with a real teacher..

Anyway I don't feel like killing these people anymore...well ...that's not true, but i'm going to work on it.
  • edited December 2009
    Me again

I have had a few more thoughts i felt like sharing. Gee, I hope this doesn't sound like a "lecture" :)

First off, I am glad you no longer feel inclined 2 kill. Probably saving you a lot of grief & not 2 mention the bad karma!

I suppose the thrust of what I have 2 say is about peace-of-mind. Buddhism says that certain thoughts & actions lead 2 peace-of-mind and certain other thoughts & actions disturb or destroy your peace-of-mind. And let's face it, without peace of mind anything else you may have is meaningless. I had 2 learn this the HARD way!

Here's a summary of the 'teachings' and reminders I use to cultivate a serene mind - something I could not have IMAGINED when i was in the grip of angry & hatyeful thoughts!

The Dalai Lama recommends 'inner disarmament', which is superb advice when you stop 2 contemplate it.

The second is a piece of Native American wisdom:

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, "The one I feed the most."

Then there is this advice about finding fault - it really works if you stick 2 it:

http://www.thubtenchodron.org/DailyLifeDharma/speaking_of_the_faults_of_others.html

Then I should just toss in this little mood-lifter as well -

http://www.interluderetreat.com/meditate/smile.htm

Hope this helps!

Namaste
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2009
    I'm glad you changed your mind somewhat, TF.

Yes, you need a teacher.

And on a practical note, you can't just go around uttering death threats whenever you feel like it. It's against the law and it's taken very, very seriously. If anyone on this board truly believed you were going to follow through on your threats, the authorities would be contacted, the owners of this site would be grilled and by law would have to give out all the information they have on you, your location would be found, and you'd be hauled into the nearest police station and interrogated.

I'm sure you're laughing your ass off reading this but you might be in for a nasty shock in the future if you don't smarten up. Do you remember the shootings at Dawson College in Montreal? I have a friend who's a teacher there and we've discussed the legal ramifications of online threats at great length. He knows the laws concerning these things in minute detail. Believe me when I tell you that threatening anyone with death, in person, over the phone, by letter, or online, is a criminal act that's taken very, very seriously. If you were ever brought up on charges or even brought into a police station for questioning it would change your life forever.

Smarten up, TF. You're not funny anymore.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi All

Very well said, Brigid! I hadn't thought of the very act of making a threat being an offence. It certainly destroys one's peace of mind.

Here's another huge site that is searchable -

http://www.lifepositive.com/Spirit/meditation/Contemporary_Meditations112006.asp

Namaste
  • edited December 2009
    No need for hate, just be thankful you aren't them.
  • edited December 2009
    I like the native-American quote a lot.

Brigid, I totally agree with you, I apologize, but for the reasons you specified , I did not say "whom" it was I wanted to kill, etc etc. I am very careful not to get in trouble;).
    (Also, I have been directly effected by the Dawson shooting.
    I have many friends who were attending that day that I had to worry about. I live in near proximity to there)
    Also , I am not trying to be "funny" :D
    but I understand what you mean,
    you mean: "TheFound, your lame ass shock value technique is getting old...etc..etc..get real, because what you're getting used to , is not beneficially to your Dharma practice," -thank you I see that :p

now to other posts, :D ty all.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2009
    I like the native-American quote a lot.

Brigid, I totally agree with you, I apologize, but for the reasons you specified , I did not say "whom" it was I wanted to kill, etc etc. I am very careful not to get in trouble;).
    (Also, I have been directly effected by the Dawson shooting.
    I have many friends who were attending that day that I had to worry about. I live in near proximity to there)
    Also , I am not trying to be "funny" :D
    but I understand what you mean,
    you mean: "TheFound, your lame ass shock value technique is getting old...etc..etc..get real, because what you're getting used to , is not beneficially to your Dharma practice," -thank you I see that :p

now to other posts, :D ty all.
    The Dawson day was so horrible. I still see the shooter's face in my mind sometimes. And the cell phone footage of the cafeteria. What a colossal mess and I'm so sorry you were directly affected by it, bless you heart.

Anyway, mature, and impressive response, TF. I was being pretty hard on you there but you disarmed me completely. Very well done. Just when I think we've lost you to the whirlwind of your mind you come out with these humble,
    honest, brave, and perfectly sane responses. You're keeping me on my toes, grasshopper. :D

P.S. Just so you know because it's important, a person doesn't have to specify who it is exactly that they are intending to kill when uttering a death threat. It's the wording in the intent that's important, as in, "I am going to kill the ones that harmed me...." or, "It's about time I killed my oppressors..." and so on. The name or names of the intended victims don't need to be specified for a crime (death threat) to have taken place. Be careful, k?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2009
    By the way, TF, I was born and raised in Montreal. Small world, eh? (But I wouldn't want to paint it. *Badump Bump!*)
  • edited December 2009
    if you started murdering people, you'd just be playing ego games. such confrontation as that wouldn't create any positive change, because really you'd only be jumping into the entanglement of hatred delusion and greed and increase it, and make it stronger. from a rationalizing point of view it wouldn't even help, because organizations like that don't rely as much on individual members as the institution itself. you should convert your energy into something constructive, anger can be something very helpful because it is fiery, and not slothful or sluggish. it's also good to remember that these people, despite how horribly they appear, are objects of a lot of pity because they are suffering so much from greed and hatred, which are just components of ignorance, and they are going against the stream of life, which is love, and that is always something that elicits sympathy and compassion, because anyone in the way of love is suffering because love is the highest bliss
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Though I have similar problems with anger, I am legally required to report someone that I feel may be at risk of harming someone by whatever means. If you post something like this again, please talk to me before doing so. I've been a registered nurse in the US for over a decade and have had my own share of problems with anger that I deal with daily. I just want to help, not turn you in. Please understand that in the first place.

I'm so frustrated with the health care system right now that I've been losing my patience as a patient. I lost my medical insurance after losing a job. I've been trying to regain my health after some nasty setbacks. I want to be happy also. Being angry is okay. It got me through 5 deaths in 10 years with persons that were my chosen family and both of my parents and my fraternal twin sister. there were a multitude of factors in all of them, but a few were d/t substandard care being covered up by a physician's ego. In some of the cases I've realized it's harming me more than helping. I've had to forgive them and wish them well for my sanity.

Some things happened in the past week as I was in the hospital that could have caused permanent damage. I had some grand mal seizures that are brand new and most likely due to some reactions to medication. I couldn't afford to see a psychiatrist to have some of this evaluated. But I had my old psychiatrist change some things as a professional favor after a half priced eval. He then told me he would no longer be able to see me. Needless to say, I'm very upset about this. I have a long list of people that I can now use to practice the bhavana meditations to calm my anger and put my money where my mouth is in regard to my personal ethics.

Part of seeking to me is testing what people are saying works. If it works for me, I keep it. If I don't, I file it for later when I can. I realize blowing steam is just that, but there is a way to do it that doesn't scare everyone and helps you get it out. Twenty years of sobriety has taught me some tricks that I was appalled at when I first heard them but are helpful as a short term (less than 24 hours if need be) if professional help isn't indicated.

I hope I've not beaten a dead horse already as my partner and I along with both of are families are experiencing 3 separate serious medical problems. But since I'm not working, if you want to vent to me in PM's, I am more than willing to help and let you vent. If you would like a sample, check by Sunday for a sample of what I mean.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Boo,

Brilliant as usual! I'm starting to get what you mean about using certain things as points of meditation. Will keep you updated.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Okay, Jer. Good to see you, btw.

(((HUGS))))
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited December 2009
    I've finally decided to kill these people.
    There's a lot of craziness I'll tolerate, but this is too far. No more threats (or insinuations) of violence on or through this site. That's your single warning.
    Brigid wrote: »
    If anyone on this board truly believed you were going to follow through on your threats, the authorities would be contacted, the owners of this site would be grilled and by law would have to give out all the information they have on you
    The owners wouldn't be grilled because it would be the owners doing the reporting.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Set them up and have the police arrest them and let go of your hate.
  • edited December 2009
    Hah its no coincidence my sn for everything is "the uprising." I was similar to you, brought on by listening to punk rock. The hate seemed so justified! It gave me so much energy...

I've started to listen again to some punk songs and I just couldn't relate or shout along anymore, I've matured... the point was bring people out of despair, and THAT should be the focus, not turn your despair into hate against the oppressors...

If the oppressors need to fall for the greater good, so be it, but it doesn't have to be brought on by hate, but rather love for the well-being of the good in the world.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2009
    I will not worry about my professional obligation then, Lincoln. That takes a load off my mind. Thanks a million.