Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What is Your Favorite Musical? Come on Cats!

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter
Post your favorite Musical and why... I love RENT

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Evita!
  • sorry, @vinlyn... it's the madonna version! hahaha
  • I think Antonio Banderas was the best part of that whole Musical... I love that little puss, he's sooo sexy!
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I think Antonio Banderas was the best part of that whole Musical... I love that little puss, he's sooo sexy!
    Yes...he is that!
  • Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
    edited April 2012

@vinlyn
    I always scream when he comes on like a teenage girl!!! I think I should probably chill it.. this is not anyway buddhist related but...

AHHHH!
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    Gotta be the Rocky Horror:

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Wig in a Box
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    When this movie is finally released (I've been waiting for over a year now!), I am sure it will be my favorite:

A song called, "Don't Shit On My Dreams" ...come on!
  • Not exactly a musical, but mine is The Commitments.
  • Best muscial i ever saw "live" was Chicago.
  • @zombiegirl... thank you for the clip.
  • robotrobot Veteran
    The Wizard of Oz
    Why? Happy childhood memories.
  • The Wizard of Oz
    Noooo. okay I do love the movie but when I am stressed I can still dream about those flying monkeys.

Rocky Horror, I almost forgot about it. I also like the classics like Pirates of Penzance and Grease, I hate to choose
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2012
    The Wizard of Oz
    LOVE the Wizard of Oz!
    Does Lion King count? The live performance?

South African musical theater is the best! "Sarafina", about the Soweto children's uprising (kind of dated now, but a very powerful piece), and "Ipi Ntombi" (available from PBS, I think), which showcases lots of singing and dance traditions.

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Phantom, for me.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Silence. I have always disliekd musicals very much so.
  • yamadayamada Veteran
    I like Time To Say Good Bye by David Foster feat. Putri Ayu
    Putri Ayu is a 14 years old Indonesian singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziyWoYYU6dU
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    ^^^ this.

I hate the constant bombardment of noise in public places... why shopping malls feel it necessary to blare music out all the time is beyond me....

^^^ this.
    I hate the constant bombardment of noise in public places... why shopping malls feel it necessary to blare music out all the time is beyond me....
    Ahahaha. This is relevant to both the OP and your comment:

Improv Everywhere is awesome. My friends and I from theater always said we would do something like this but never had the guts to do it.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited April 2012
    I loved the organized thing they did in London via facebook where they got maybe around 1,000 people to go about a specific crowded public place and then all freeze at a specific moment, everyone who was there that were not in on it had quite a surprise lol. Yes silence is golden, ahh :rolleyes: Must be a grumpy Brit thing Federica
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    Avenue Q!

It's an adult version of Sesame Street and is quite extistential. Something that you don't think would work together, but totally does.
  • SileSile Veteran
    It's a duke-out between the Sound of Music (for nostalgic reasons), Moulin Rouge, and--as soon as I saw someone list it above--of course, The Commitments!!

In Hong Kong one year, in order to fit it into the schedule, they cut all the Sound of Music music numbers. Add to that the fact that it was dubbed very awkwardly into Cantonese, and you have the recipe for One of My Mother's Most Withering Tirades Ever.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    The only one I've seen live was The Lion King, I thought it was quite good. As far as movies go though I have to go with South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    My two favorite numbers

It's easy M'kay

And the grammy award winning, Blame Canada

• Godspell, especially the 1974 film version.