Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

X-mas Feasting

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
What is everyone eating/cooking for Dec. 24 or 25 ?

This year's twist for me......no stove access.
No oven or stovetop. Please don't ask. hahaha

So here is what we at the Vastminds house will
be munching on all day.
I'm plugging in the waffle iron, and going
all out! :)
Lemon and Walnut waffles
GIngerbread waffles
Plain with strawberries and whipped cream.
Granola & Yogurt parfait's
Fruit and cheese trays
Chocolates and cookies
Citrus punch and O.J...(spike your own)

Later in the day.....waffle pizza's.

What is on your Winter Party Menu?

I'm accepting any suggestions for my
waffle iron. :)
BhikkhuJayasara

Comments

• BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    here we come a waffling among the leaves so green :P
    VastmindMaryAnneNiwalen
  • X-mas eve dinner (around 4 PM) at my house, with my kids and their husbands/SOs: Grilled steaks, fish and seafood w/ Salad, biscuits and veggies, too.

Then coffee, drinks, dessert and chocolates with the whole huge gang (parents, sibs, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc) to follow at my brother and sister-in-law's house.

Xmas Day:
    easy and light breakfast at home, lounging most of the day in PJs drinking hot cocoa, etc.... then our traditional xmas day dinner = prime rib, baked taters, salad and veggies for just me, my hubs & my parents at another brother's house.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I want a waffle meal, lol. I love waffles, but I can't eat them :(
    I honestly don't know what we are having, we will be eating at my mom's on Christmas Day. The 23rd is my son's 16th birthday, the 24th will probably be somewhat of a quiet day and putting out cookies that Santa likes (hee) and then the 25th we have our feast. My favorite dish is wild rice hotdish type dish. YUMMO. Our neighbor is a ricer, so we get hand picked rice from him, and it's so good.
  • I am looking forward to being on my own, having gruel and saying, 'humbug'. Heaven. :)
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    lobster said:

I am looking forward to being on my own, having gruel and saying, 'humbug'. Heaven. :)

you mean like him ?:P
  • Waffles sound amazing. Maybe I'm just really hungry. If you were my neighbor I'd totally be helping you cook those bad boys up. We'd have a waffle Christmas "white Christmas pun goes here" and feed the whole neighborhood. Hehe.
    Vastmind
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    I don't cook anything, we always have way too much food somehow. My xmas feasting involves eating about 10 side dishes with my grandmother STILL concerned I'm not getting enough to eat because I left out the ham and the turkey. :)
    Cole_lobsterDairyLamaVastmind
  • edited December 2012

I don't cook anything, we always have way too much food somehow. My xmas feasting involves eating about 10 side dishes with my grandmother STILL concerned I'm not getting enough to eat because I left out the ham and the turkey. :)

Haha! Gotta love family. Their genuine concern is heart warming. To that type of comment I simply reply with a smile and a thank you. Once my family (who I'm no longer in contact with, but that's another story) actually went out of their way to make vegetarian dishes just for me, the one vegetarian out of a huge family. Looking back now I truly appreciate the significance of that act. They may not have understood or agreed with my views, but they cared enough about me to go out of their way to make sure I had plenty to eat. True acts of kindness.
  • you mean like him?
    LOL
    How fascinating. The first part of the song, I thought how insightful this Scrooge was . . .
    However he hated people, not good, luckily ghostly instruction would soon put him right . . .

OK I had better enter the spirit of the original post . . .

We will also be having a traditional family meal.
    Turkey, with stuffing, wrapped in bacon. Sprouts and roast potatoes. Sausages. Christmas or hopefully plum pudding. Mince pies. I have requested a rum punch. We will be stuffed and drunk and very happy. I look forward to it. That is one day.

Another day, gruel . . . I look forward to that too . . .

• BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    i'm coming to your house, @vastminds! after waffle fest we can play Apples to Apples and then watch a bob marley documentary. woo hoo! festivus for the rest of us!