Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to be ultra spiritual

Some handy hints in this 4 minute instruction video!

ZenshinShoshinlobsterHamsakapersonToraldrisgenkakusilverBuddhadragonChazKundoVastmindHollyRose1ShimBunksRowan1980

Comments

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    edited November 2014

That was funny @SpinyNorman‌

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

Thought I'd post this which has been posted here before:

ToshBuddhadragonRowan1980
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

My intuitive energies tell me that this guy isn't as spiritual as I AM.

Naamasste

Now, off to do some more yoga.

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

Oh I'm def subscribing to this guy!

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

You look stunning with that flower on your head, @SpinyNorman <3

SarahThowKundoVastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

The sickest Buddhist never gets old.....lolololol

SarahT
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
  • Enlighten up with Puppetji . . .

. . . worth repeating :)

Hamsaka
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

Puppetji would be great for beginning meditators.

Rowan1980
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

How to be ultra spiritual

Just call yourself a Buddhist :D:p

• I think it's funny, but I would also critique his approach to the humor.

He seems overly concerned that people won't "get" that he's making a joke, so at the beginning he goes out of his way to explain that being "ultra spiritual" doesn't involve actually being spiritual. He also by puts "(funny)" in the title of the video. This detracts from the humor when it actually hits.

Overall, he hits you over the top of the head with the humor a bit too much.

I would say, though, that I liked him, and I was intrigued enough to check out a few more of his videos.

• Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    We have a tendency to be kinda bad when it comes to subtle or nuanced humor.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

This is why I actually can't stand "The Big Bang Theory". It works too hard to make every line "hilarious". It seems to be that the writers are under the impression that unless every line can be laughed at, it's not a successful comedy.
    I'll warrant most of the laughter is canned, too.

Rowan1980
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Rowan1980 said:
    We have a tendency to be kinda bad when it comes to subtle or nuanced humor.

Irony also seems to be a challenge. :p

Rowan1980ChazKundo
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    Irony also seems to be a challenge. :p

Oh lord, as an American do I ever agree. We don't do well laughing at ourselves, it's all SO serious -- and the American middle class is the WORST. It has been a joy to meet the rare individual who can just laugh. I had a male co-worker I could go back and forth with. We'd be sitting at the nurse's station trying to chart, and the call light would go off and he'd say "God will there every be an end to these selfish needy patients!" and I'd reply "They are SO self centered, they think I just show up here with an 'at your service' sign around my neck'. "What is their PROBLEM??" we'd mutter to each other.

Quietly. It wasn't the least bit 'funny' to anyone else, which of course made it even funnier to us. I'll miss that dude :) he was a rare find.

Rowan1980
  • Once we are Ultra Spiritual we can train for the Spiritual Olympics
    https://web.archive.org/web/20060718233622/http://pages.britishlibrary.net/lobster/so/events.htm

Hopefully at the next event there will be no participants . . .

thegoldeneternityHamsakaKundo
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@federica said:
    This is why I actually can't stand "The Big Bang Theory".

I both love this Ultra Spiritual guy (JP Sears) and "The Big Bang Theory," fede.
    Though I must own the last season has lost some lustre, I love these guys.