Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Reflections on my mother's life"

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
edited January 2015 in General Banter

Granted, it's a bit self-serving, but here is the column I wrote this month for the local Daily Hampshire Gazette. FWIW.

BuddhadragonnakazcidJeffreyNirvanaVastmindlobster

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I thought it was beautiful.

• Having to write an obituary or give a eulogy at a memorial gathering can be challenging. One feels the need to be honest and true to oneself, which can be at cross-purposes to the goal of the undertaking at hand. Most people caught in that dilemma find a way to compromise in some way, as you did. _/_

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Such a very nice remembrance!

Nirvana
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

That was lovely! It always astounds and excites me to read about the different experiences we have all had growing up.....

• marvelous. A talent for writing must be genetic.

Nirvana
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Beautiful.

• nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

@genkaku said:
    Granted, it's a bit self-serving, but here is the column I wrote this month for the local Daily Hampshire Gazette. FWIW.

Not self-serving at all. I'm astounded at your honesty. Luckily, I was not called upon to give a eulogy at my mother's funeral. I have no idea what I would've said, except I would've felt compelled to not be honest and paint everything in rose-colored hues.

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

WOW! Thanks for the Link. I always thought you to be a very distinguished gentleman, @genkaku, but this bio is really interesting stuff.

Your dear Mother, it seems to me, must have been the Genuine Article. My prayer for you at this time of your great loss is that you focus on keeping yourself healthy, active, and involved so that you can keep some part of your Mother's vitality alive for years to come. Deaths of certain people certainly do diminish the world.

• beautiful