Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Wearing a Chuba

For sometime now I have been contemplating Wearing a Chuba, this is for a few reasons one being practicality and comfort, as am severely disabled I find putting on and off trousers very difficult extremely uncomfortable. Also having worn quite a few kilts I found them a lot warmer and less restrictive. On a personal level I feel that it could be a display my Buddhist faith and/or an expression of my increasing vows of renunciation. That being said I understand that the wearing of robes can be both offensive and confusing, and as such I would not want to cause offence to our ordained brothers and sisters. I have researched this both on this site and many others but as of yet have not found answers to my questions. Any help or guidance given would be greatly appreciated _/l_

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2015

I'm not sure really what your questions are, but I always go by the adage "if it feels good, do it.
    When in doubt - don't."

If it helps you and makes you feel both physically and 'mentally' more at ease - go for it.

Nobody here will pull you up on it.

You could even have four to celebrate each season... you know, one covered in pretty spring flowers, the second, blue and beach-coloured.....ok, ok, forget I said it...... :D

lobsteranataman
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2015

(PS: A chuba need not necessarily carry any religious/spiritual connotation. Rather like Life, it is what you make it. And I say that advisedly, mindful of your condition.... :) )

Talis
  • I am a partial transvestite myself. Wearing Buddha beads/necklace, Malas and even little more than a Boddhidharma style blanket at times. Hope that does not offend the unclothed . . . if so I will dress in a burkah instead as one of my western male dervish cyber friends to show how form is empty, right after 911 in USA . . .

Wish I was a man. <3

TalisanatamanKundo
  • I enjoy wearing a cheongsam. When worn by a man it has the look of a long gown. With wide sleeves. More associated with the Manchu rather than the Han chinese. The show must go on.

• Wearing clothes is not usually offensive (it is in some cultures), snogging (kissing) Buddhas or other bits of stone is not offensive, it may even be devotional . . .

However it is always polite to ask.

Yesterday I was given permission by two art guardians/custodians to cross this line. I think they expected me to take pictures of the sculpture 'but not touch it'. However I considered crossing the line my piece of outsider performance art . . .

The box is empty. Let us play/pray. o:)

Kundo
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@lobster said:
    I am a partial transvestite myself. Wearing Buddha beads/necklace, Malas and even little more than a Boddhidharma style blanket at times. Hope that does not offend the unclothed . . . if so I will dress in a burkah instead as one of my western male dervish cyber friends to show how form is empty, right after 911 in USA . . .

Wish I was a man. <3

wipes Coke Zero off the monitor

Now all I can hear in my head...............I'm just a sweet transvestite, from transexual Transyvlaniaaaaaaaa aaaa

lobsterTalis
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

But to the OP, I agree with @federica - if it feels good, go for it
    _ /\ _

lobster
  • You might as well as a tartan chuba, consider wearing an eyepatch if you have pirate affiliations. A suitable hat and matching handbag might draw unwarranted attention . . .

Are you able to wear a non offensive parrot or have bespoke clothing made?

Nobody is offended by disability, comfort or novelty parrots except the offensive.

Hope you wear the full kaboodle.

Talis
  • TalisTalis Explorer

@lobster said:

You might as well as a tartan chuba,

I'm Scottish so wear a lot of tartan, never considered the eye patch though, but might work ;) also being a bi male that used to be a cyber goth I've sported a fare few pieces of feminine attire & make up ect though with my various ever increasing vows, it certainly cuts down on my getting ready to go out time, which could take longer than my partner at times :). As always many thanks for your input guy's :)

Rowan1980lobsterKundo

Well there's a sight you don't see every day.

Your knees could do with exfoliating, dearie....! :lol:

Talis