Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Take My Advice............I Don't Use It Anyway!"

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

More often than not, we all have advice for someone whose struggling to cope with certain aspects of life's flow...And a lot of this advice is quite practical and very helpful/beneficial....( "wise" )

So if you find yourselves in a similar position to a person you've given advice to, do you always remember to practice what you have preached ?

Or does it all fly out the window and monkey mind takes control of the steering wheel for a while ?

rohitdantepw

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Yeah, it's always easier advising somebody else.

VastmindShoshinrohit
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

My hunch is that advice is what anyone might try to give to him/herself. The rest is largely eyewash.

Shoshinzenffrohit
  • zenffzenff Veteran

My hang-ups will cause me making my mistakes. Not so easy to change that.

Advising someone is like talking to a doll. It helps the one who is giving the advice in shaping his or her own inner world. (I suppose that’s what @genkaku said too.)

• rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran

Ya. Advising is so easy..And many times we think that why that fool don't understand the simple thing..But when oneself passes through same situation then we becomes completely restless and senseless to deal with situation..

dantepw
  • nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

I rarely give advice, unless it's dragged out of me. I'm afraid my suggestion will go totally wrong, and I'll get blamed for the mess.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(Oh, are you a Moderator too...?! :lol: )

nakazcidlobstersilver
  • I would love to give advice, but nobody ever asks. Maybe because of my age and looks.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

@Shoshin

Here we are like a group of hikers having a conversation about the trail ahead of us..

Lots of suggestions on what parts of the trail are tricky and what looks like short cuts.

Few suggestions really only ever apply to one hiker. Advise considered, rejected or ignored, usually more affects all of our progress, than any one hiker.

ZenshinShoshinlobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@how said:
    Shoshin

Here we are like a group of hikers having a conversation about the trail ahead of us..

Lots of suggestions on what parts of the trail are tricky and what looks like short cuts.

Few suggestions really only ever apply to one hiker. Advise considered, rejected or ignored, usually more affects all of our progress, than any one hiker.

That's true @how, quite often more than just the asker will benefit from the advice given... And I guess it must have worked quite well for the advisor in the past....