Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I Knew It ! Chocolate makes you clever .....

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited March 2016 in General Banter

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/People-who-love-chocolate-are-more-likely-to-be-clever/articleshow/51314023.cms

"In scientific terms, eating chocolate was significantly associated with superior "visual-spatial memory and [organisation], working memory, scanning and tracking, abstract reasoning and the mini-mental state examination." But as Crichton explains, these functions translate to everyday tasks, "such as remembering a phone number, or your shopping list, or being able to do two things at once, like talking and driving at the same time"."

Perhaps the Buddha ate ( (or better still is) chocolate ... :)

yagrlobsterWalkerlittlestudent

Comments

• There is a god. Hallowed be his chocolate. o:)

ShoshinWMStanford
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Of course we're clever... we love chocolate, don't we?

Shoshinlobster
  • The seven factors of chocolate enlightenment:

• Mindfulness (sati) i.e. to recognize the reality of chocolate
    • Investigation (dhamma vicaya) of real chocolate
    • Energy (viriya) in the pursuit and as a result of consumption
    • Joy or rapture (pīti) Yum
    • Relaxation or tranquility (passaddhi) of both body and mind ... Yab-Yum
    • Concentration (samādhi) a calm, one-pointed state of concentrated cocoa
    • Equanimity (upekkha), to be fully aware of ones chocolate

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Factors_of_Enlightenment
    Here to help o:)

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited March 2016

The Buddha was of course an English gentleman, one of the original Cadburys, a well-known British dynasty. He introduced chocolate to India, hence his great popularity. At the same time Lawrence of Arabia was introducing chocolate to the Bedouins, and King Edward the First ( Longshanks ) was imposing it on the Scots, though of course they were very ungrateful.

lobsterWalkerShoshinTara1978
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

It is a great source of sorrow and vexation to me that Cadbury's can no longer be obtained in this town. Hershey's is significantly better than nothing, but there have been times when I had the sense that I was gnawing on a bar of brown candle wax.

lobster
  • DakiniDakini Veteran

@lobster said:
    The seven factors of chocolate enlightenment:

• Mindfulness (sati) i.e. to recognize the reality of chocolate
    • Investigation (dhamma vicaya) of real chocolate
    • Energy (viriya) in the pursuit and as a result of consumption
    • Joy or rapture (pīti) Yum
    • Relaxation or tranquility (passaddhi) of both body and mind ... Yab-Yum
    • Concentration (samādhi) a calm, one-pointed state of concentrated cocoa
    • Equanimity (upekkha), to be fully aware of ones chocolate

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Factors_of_Enlightenment
    Here to help o:)

What is the Sanskrit term for ADDICTION? :dizzy:

lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited March 2016

@Dakini said:

What is the Sanskrit term for ADDICTION? :dizzy:

Cho Col Ate :)

• Tara1978Tara1978 UK Veteran

I'm not very clever, maybe this is the answer =)

lobster

@Tara1978 said:
    I'm not very clever, maybe this is the answer =)

Definitely :wink:

Tara1978lobster
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Chocolate Easter Buddhas, anyone? =)

Shoshinlobster
  • Chocolate - Chocolate - Chocolate - Chocolate - Chocolate - CHOCOLATE! <3<3
    And just for something different - Chocolate. =)

@Fosdick said:
    Chocolate Easter Buddhas, anyone? =)

I've just ordered a mould for making laughing Buddha chocolate...Ooww yummy...I can't wait....

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2016

@Shoshin said:
    I've just ordered a mould for making laughing Buddha chocolate...Ooww yummy...I can't wait....

May all be auspicious.

Tee hee.
    Emptiness is form and the mold is Set [NB. extra points from @federica for correcting the mould?]

Is this advanced tantra? The merger of symbol as reality?

• I'm all stocked up on the Cadbury's caramel eggs. All Buddhas will have to wait their turn in line.

Shoshinlobster
  • Dear Friends of Chocolate as dharma,

Hershey's is not chocolate. It is not in any chocolate Pureland I know of. Cadburys cream eggs are for sugar addicts [truth sometimes hurts].

As a special treat here is a dharma talk on chocolate cake, ... with carrot cake for the easter bunny

Shoshin

I like Robina's style... really down[under] to earth and she's coming to NZ in May to give Dharma talks.... Which should be interesting :)

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited March 2016

I got a huge bar of Belgian chocolate from Trader Joe's over the weekend. I did this knowing I shouldn't have chocolate. A bite or two on rare occasion is ok, but this is like a month's supply, or something. sigh I couldn't resist. Maybe I'll be able to share some of it with someone, for Easter, and get rid of some of the temptation that way. :chuffed: Happy Chocolate Day, everyone! (Next Sunday)

Shoshin

I've just got the laughing Buddha (Budai) chocolate mould I ordered, in the post today and have just poured my first chocolate....Whittakers Dark Ghana (70%) with a touch of Oolong flavoured chocolate (50%) in the mix...Ummmmmm home made Oolong flavoured chocolate Budai ....I can't wait :)
    Fingers crossed.... I'll post a photo........before craving gets the better of me and I eat it :)

edited April 2016

Yum! You're just so Buddhaful that I could eat you... :) ....But I won't...Well not just yet... :wink: