Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Weight off of my shoulders

ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

Long story.

I joined the Army with one of my best friends in 2001, we went all over the world together and were combat deployed together. We had a falling out in 2009 and he died in 2010. His parents and I had very cross words for each other at the time of his passing and I haven't spoken to them since. Today, I apologized for my part in our argument and was responded to in kind. It is a huge weight off of my shoulders, and I don't think that without meditation, the Buddhas teachings, other wise peoples teachings, and the insight of people like the members of this forum, that I could have made enough personal growth to accept the things that I needed to accept in order to come to this place.

Thank you for reading. :)

GlowsilverhowlobsterFosdickLionduckfedericaWalkerCinorjerDhammikakarastiDavidBunks

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Good for you!

ajhayes
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

Wishing you an ever widening heart.

ajhayes
  • LionduckLionduck Veteran

May your jewel shine brightly.
    Welcome home.
    A great step in the right direction - congratulations.

Peace to you
    Peace to all

ajhayes
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran

That's wonderful.

ajhayes
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Just goes to show it can never be too late to build bridges. :)

ajhayes
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Awesome.
    Dharma, she works! <3

ajhayes