Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to Rant

Came across this trainee ranter ...

The most perfect thing I have ever seen just happened on the replacement train bus service between Newport and Cwmbran:
White man sat in front of a mother and her son. Mother was wearing a niqab. After about 5 minutes of the mother talking to her son in another language the man, for whatever reason, feels the need to tell the woman "When you're in the UK you should really be speaking English."
At which point, an old woman in front of him turns around and says, "She's in Wales. And she's speaking Welsh."
Perfect.
- Tom Bradbury

Bleedin' [insert other eg. Mayananists] [insert disapproval eg. being kind without mercy]

Anything you need to get off your chest? [Bleedin' lobster encouraging wrong speech etc.]

ShoshinZenshinsilverBoruKundoyagrperson

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2016

Pah! The Welsh use their baths for keeping coal in, and their sheep for something unmentionable. :p
    And don't get me started on English middle-class liberals with their privileged pronouncements!

But seriously, I've visited Wales many times, including The Valleys area north of Newport where the coal-mining industry was centred. I admire their spirit and earthy Celtic disdain for the English ruling classes, they had to suffer King Edward 1st building a load more castles, then Queen Maggie Thatcher ripping the heart out of the coal industry, then Tory-condoned globalisation ripping the heart out of the steel industry.

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

OK, how about this: All the birds have deserted the woods around my house this year. No birdsong, nothing but traffic noise. Even the Juncos have gone somewhere else. How can they do this to me?!! Has the city pulled some stupid new stunt that has driven them off?? *#%%&>/xx^" !!!! Damn it all!!

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Oh. Yeah! I just thought of something. Last night, kids gathered at the steps right near my front door and were about 4 of them talking animatedly and I was annoyed at first mainly because it kept going on until almost 1 a.m. And even though my a/c drowns out a lot of things, these kids apparently don't recognize the difference between people awake and people trying to sleep/rest after a certain hour ... BUT I put on my best Buddhist mantle (whatever that is ha ha ha), and remained relatively unruffled. had to get up early to move my car because they re-paved the drives and the carport today and upon stepping outside my door, there was a bit of trash scattered about so that added insult to injury and got just a tiny bit peeved. (sigh!) When I came back from moving my vehicle, someone had picked it up so that was a relief.

(Oh, and nice surprise on me - my rants used to be darker and nastier.) o:)

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Warm water tropical lobster in Marathon, FL has no rants whatsoever!

Deformed

@Fosdick said: All the birds have deserted the woods around my house this year.

Woods?! You have woods? Sheer luxury!

Kundo
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Don't get me started, all these people having rants about basically nothing really gets my hackles up! They don't even know how to have a proper, foaming-at-the-mouth, raging rant... In fact all real rants should be powered by deep existential angst or some serious misanthropism! Death to all the lily-livered halfway ranters, I say!

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I'm so ashamed! :3

Do you think there's a yt video that can help me? (us?)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Moderator note:

(End of rant.)

Kundoperson
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

@SpinyNorman spake: Woods?! You have woods? Sheer luxury!

Ah, but where would the Buddha have been, without the forest?

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@silver said:

(Oh, and nice surprise on me - my rants used to be darker and nastier.) o:)

<3
    Ranting can be therapeutic, unless you are Hitler, Trump, Dalai fluffy Lama, [insert Middle Way or extreme ranter of choice] in which case it is up to the audience to filter the ranting, either completely or partially.

On a personal note we may find we are carried with a ranter (including our inner demons, fluffy tendencies etc) or independent.

Independent and settled in peaceful understanding is the plan ... B)

... and now back to ranting ...

Kundo

@Fosdick said:

@SpinyNorman spake: Woods?! You have woods? Sheer luxury!

Ah, but where would the Buddha have been, without the forest?

They had it easy in them days! We could only dream of having a nice forest to be holy in, all we had was a hole in the ground, ten Hail Marys and five Our Fathers, sackcloth and ashes as a special treat, them were the days!

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

A hole in the ground, you were lucky. We used to have to live in a lake.

@lobster said, "... and now back to ranting ..."

I should've simply said my rants were dark and nasty ... >:) no wonder my heart almost gave up the ghost.

(And you think you faint all over the place!) :dizzy:

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(You forgot the Bell, Book and Candle....)

• yagryagr Veteran

@lobster said:"When you're in the UK you should really be speaking English."
    At which point, an old woman in front of him turns around and says, "She's in Wales. And she's speaking Welsh."

Alternatively, she's in the world. She's speaking an earth language.

RuddyDuck9David
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@silver said:
    I'm so ashamed! :3

Do you think there's a yt video that can help me? (us?)

Yes there are many youtube vids that I could rant about the benefit of. However people prefer entertainment and a rant of their choice preference ...

Most of us cling to our ranting, obsession, strong opinions, dead pasts, future realm of enlightenment, spree of fainting etc ...

In the words of Buddha or it might have been Bart Simpson, 'Ay caramba!'

Hopefully you will provide a helpful video ... [end rant]

My life story in a nutshell - All my life, I didn't like to hear people ranting or be one myself...it came after marriage w/child(ren). It wasn't fun and I did't like it, nope!
    You call that a rant?! :lol:

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

The other day I was able to be quite angry (as a wrathful expression) without being swamped or even that effected by the anger. I am sure method actors are able to do similar. It was appropriate. I was in a place of equanimity BUT I would not make a habit of it. Powerful tool.

This is why @silver I am as equally opposed to fluffy dharma as to rigid pure dharma or any 'zis is der only way mien fuhrer!' dharma policing.

'Free you Mind'
    Buddha Morpheus - The Matrix

I luv how Morpheus said that...Free. Your. Mind. <3

I had a cat named Fluffy and he was purrfect. B)

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

RANT:

Is it Mercury Retrograde or something? People are so damn sensitive the last couple of days. It's ridiculous.

/END RANT :frown:

silverfederica