Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Homemade Buddha scenes & altars

Tag, you’re it.

NirvanaDavidSocair

Comments

• One of the members of our sitting group showed up one day with 7 of these polyurethane garden Buddhas he had scarfed up from a home supply shop in the Bible Belt. He wanted to give them suitable homes.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I don't have my own - some day!

• I use an iPad as a cybershrine. Just use a looping slideshow to change the focus ...

https://cundi.weebly.com/yidam.html

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

They're beautiful, @David.

David
  • Here is the Buddha Nature 'natural shrine' I pictured two days ago

Did I go wrong again ... :3

SocairJaySonDavidsilver
  • SocairSocair Veteran

@lobster said:
    Here is the Buddha Nature 'natural shrine' I pictured two days ago

Did I go wrong again ... :3

You certainly did not go wrong. Beautiful natural shrine. 💚💚💚

Dhammika
  • JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran
    edited February 9

Coooooooooool

From left to right: Fearlessness, Wisdom, Bodhicitta, Moral Discipline

SocairDavidsilverlobster
  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My Buddha shrine is currently dismantled, as I'm moving house soon. Will keep you all apprised of its new 'construction' as and when. (I also plan on having an outside 'shrine' in my new garden....!)

Socair
  • SocairSocair Veteran

@federica said:
    My Buddha shrine is currently dismantled, as I'm moving house soon. Will keep you all apprised of its new 'construction' as and when. (I also plan on having an outside 'shrine' in my new garden....!)

Looking forward to seeing those @federica and best wishes for the upcoming move. I would also love to have an outside shrine in a garden one day.

• SocairSocair Veteran

Great thread @Dhammika

Dhammika
  • SocairSocair Veteran

JaySonDhammikaDavid
  • dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran

My bedroom

JaySonsilverDhammikalobster

My bedside table

JaySonDhammika
  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

What is the white rectangular thing on the right? (like I need to give its position! )

edited February 12

My bedside table> @federica said:

What is the white rectangular thing on the right? (like I need to give its position! )

Selenite. I often hold it while meditating.

@dhammachick, I wondered what that hexagonal wooden piece is - the one in your bedroom? Maybe an incense burner?

Nice work, @seeker242.

@silver said:
    @dhammachick, I wondered what that hexagonal wooden piece is - the one in your bedroom? Maybe an incense burner?

Nice work, @seeker242.

I think it's a sandalwood box containing incense sticks... I used to have something similar, but I can't be sure it's the same thing.

@seeker242 said:
    Homemade altar I made at the woodshop. =)

That's an awesome bit of carving on the front there, @seeker242 ! Beautiful! Could I order one please - ?!

@silver said:

Yep. @Federica is right. It's my incense burner

• Wot no room for a personal me/mine shrine?
    http://www.oxherding.com/my_weblog/2018/01/shrines.html

meanwhile I beheaded a garden Buddha :3

oops ...

JaySon
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran

On my fireplace at home...

lobsterJaySon
  • JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

@lobster said:
    meanwhile I beheaded a garden Buddha :3

oops ...

I think in the vinaya it says if you behead a Buddha statue and happen to be a lobster, then in the next life you will have very small pincers.

Keromelobster
  • DhammaDragonDhammaDragon Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I have overposted the picture of my altar already, but here it goes again...

Socair