Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Did Buddha say we have the right to bare arm....ie AK47

edited February 2006 in Buddhism Today
Just a question that needs an answer?

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2005
    I have not heard a sutra in which the Buddha Shakyamuni commented on any 'rights' at all.

You raise an important point, HH. I think that the whole concept of a person having rights is either entirely alien to Buddhist thought or, more probably, outwith its scope. The whole matrix of interdependent arising suggests that human beings are endowed with ignorance and grasping even before any rights, and that no right can be called 'inalienable' or be guaranteed in perpetuity. Any such right is itself a product or outcome of a specific set of cultural, economic and political causes which, in the nature of historical and genetic pressure, are local and of relatively short duration, rarely exceeding a century or two.

In the case of bearing arms, we have seen that there is disagreement here. Indeed, it is a subject which is capable of descending into argument. And that is the point at which the teachings of the Dharma apply: to the way in which we treat ourselves and each other when we reach difference in opinion. Are we able to perceive difference as difference, and not as confrontation or of lesser worth? Can we test our own view? Subject it to scepticism? Can we moderate our speech? Can we maintain our practice? Can we see each difference as an opportunity to learn?

Rights only arise because the Great Tao is lost, according to the Tao Te Ching. Perhaps that is why the Buddha didn't waste time on them. After all, he only had a few decades in which to try and get the Dharma through our thick heads!

P.S. There is a typo in your title to the thread, H., which tickles me because I have read about Buddhist monks having to bare their right shoulder. Palzang?
  • edited December 2005
    I'll say this Simon, you do have a gift to put things down on this forum.It may surprise you but I love to read and your command of the english language in impressive. Enough now, you asked....
    .........Can we test our own view? Subject it to scepticism? Can we moderate our speech? Can we maintain our practice? Can we see each difference as an opportunity to learn?

In this specific case of any citizen wishing to engage in some macho gun waving exhibition I find it a complete waste of time and energy to question my motive, to moderate my speech, compromise or a take unlikey a opportunity to learn.
    Just imagine making that request to that Burt Reynolds character two thirds through the movie "Duelling Banjo's".
    Ok he might come back with a response such as" squeal piggy squeal" but in truth my no one wants that as the answer. What Mr Reynolds and the audience desire is justice.
    My motive is pure....I hate guns and the only thing I hate more than guns are the people who wish to carry then. They are monsters.They have a red neck political agenda which we have already witnessed through the puppet masters in the White House.

It is my duty as a human being to stop them and it's yours too.
  • edited December 2005
    Forgot....sorry for the typo. As for Palzang, I did catch the picture of him in his robe. He did look v cool. And I did apologise to him in a around about way last week. I really was very disrespectful to him a month or two back wasn't I.
    I'm sure he is a good man. And like yourself knows his s**t.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Well, if I don't know it, I'm full of it!

The aforementioned one
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Simon,

That's actually what I thought the thread was about when I opened it! Surprise, surprise!

Palzang
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Hmm... I had to disagree with you Herman.

It's not my duty to hate people that carry guns nor is it my job to stop them from carrying guns.

I don't like guns. I've never owned a gun. My step-dad used to carry a gun with him on his long road-trips - and used to hunt every great once in awhile too.
    He wasn't a monster. He wasn't a redneck. He was actually a very kind, caring and gentle man.

So... I don't know what to tell you, but I can't agree with all of your statements.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    For my part - and it is just from my personal perspective:

It all comes back to The Eightfold Path....
    If my partner was being mauled by a tiger, and I had a rifle in my hand, I would hardly resort to flapping my arms about - I wouldn't hesitate....

But given that I can count the times I've smacked both my kids, on the fingers of one hand, you can imagine what my opinion is towards any type of violence towards another human being.

The Dalai Lama has voiced compassion and understanding for those Buddhists caught in 'impossible' situations (such as maybe Burma or Tibet) and has said, that in the same position, he is not sure he wouldn't have done the same, but generally speaking, he has always adhered to a policy of non-violence.

If on this forum, and given the 'normal' kind of lives we all lead, you are Buddhist, and you have devoted yourself to the discipline of following the Eightfold Path and the five precepts, I fail to see why the question would be even one to have to ponder...

If, you have Buddhist afinities, and you agree by and large, that Buddhism is a way to explore, then the issue becomes more complex.
    Notwithstanding the Right to bear Arms, if you have to debate this point, then I would guess that the biggest struggle you would have is with yourself....

Or am I being too simplistic?
  • edited December 2005
    HH
    I agree with buddhafoot.
  • edited December 2005
    Ok I here you all and I respect your opinion. However, there is little need to carry a gun in a civilised society. The more guns that are avialable over or under the counter the more people will make the cruel mistake of using them.The arguement that because my next door nieghbour has a gun, I must have one doesn't stack up. If your nieghbour doesn't have access to fire arms then you can't either.

End of threat.
    End of fear.
    Equals safer communities.

I have friends that live in Orange County they were married and both very reasonable people. However, sadly they separated and they went through the first stages of divorce ie they started dating other people they both knew, within weeks they both wanted to blow each other away and would threaten to shoot each other.They both had fire arms. They scared the c **p out of me because I believed them both. In fact I believe the police were called on one occassion.Crazy but true and if we are honest sadly not that uncommon.
    In Europe gun crime although on the rise is still uncommon simply because guns are not readly avialable to Joe public over counter. US law on gun ownership is comparible with South America or East Africa. America is uncivilised and lives in a paranoid fear of it own shadow, I beg you all to get of the fence and STOP THE VIOLENCE.
    I disagree with you, not because I am unpatriotic but because if Buddha or Jesus were with us today they would shame us in to right action.I am not prepared to sit it out while the America presses the self distruct button.

On a happier note my I wish you all (except gun lovers) a very happy new year.
  • edited December 2005
    Federica with respest........all I am saying is, take the Tiger out of the picture and there is no fear. Or am I being too simplistic.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    That's the whole point Hermann, sometimes, the tiger won't budge... Much as I'd like to take him out of the equasion, we can't un-invent the situation.... this is why i'm pointing out that we have to try to use our judgement according to an individual and personal situation.... Much as I would love to say, hand on heart, that i would never lift a finger to harm anyone, faced with a life-or-death dilemma, I could only decide in that situation, what it is exactly that I would do....
    You can't talk a tiger out of attacking - it won't negotiate.
    Humans sometimes will.... Sometimes.....
    - And that's the difference.
  • edited December 2005
    Dear Federica,
    I am sorry but what I am trying to piont out is if you take guns out of the picure there will be no threat.........There will be no Tiger...No boggie Man....No Fear only peace
    edited December 2005
    I disagree, because those intent on war and malice will always find a way. Remove guns, and you remove just a form of kiling someone.... But that doesn't remove the right to bear arms.... History will tell you this is true. In relation th the existence of man, accurate and lethal guns were only invented a few centuries ago. Mankind has been waging war a for bit longer than that....

The difficulty here is that we're discussing an essentially American focal point. And you and I are British.
    I think it would be very difficult for any American to see this item of the Constitution erased....
    We're on opposite sides of the pond, and while we find it easy to question such legislation, for Americans it is a way of life.

Whether it is 'right' or 'wrong' is immaterial, and unfortunately, largely unsolvable.
    Morally, generally, I would say it's wrong.
    But as I've said before, if the chips were down....
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Ah, Fede, if you get your mind right, even the idea of a gun will fade away!

Palzang
    edited December 2005
    Sir, you are presumptuous!
    How do you know I HAVE a Mind....?:p
  • edited December 2005
    I believe...

Remove the gun
    The knife, club and spear still exist
    Remove the gun
    Evil still exists
    Remove the gun
    Attachment still exists
    Remove attachment
    Evil ceases to exist
  • edited December 2005
    Whether it is 'right' or 'wrong' is immaterial, and unfortunately, largely unsolvable.
    Morally, generally, I would say it's wrong.
    But as I've said before, if the chips were down....

We have a chance in 2008.........this is our only chance. I beg of you to see this as an opportunity. People like Huntlife 4 are in a minority. Without hope we are nothing.

"Only love can conquer hate" Neil Young.
    edited December 2005
    I disagree that people like Hunt4life are in a minority. It's just that their voices are drowned out by Chaos...
    In the end, we all want the same thing:
    To be happy and free from suffering....

each of us must strive for that in the most Compassionate way we know how to muster.

"If it looks like Wisdom, but it is not loving, then it is not Wisdom.
    If it feels like Love, but is not wise, then it is not Love.
    Like the two wings that enable a bird to fly, Love and Wisdom are Interdependent."

In order to achieve the impossible, this is what we need.
    happy new year everyone;
    Much love,
    Fede
  • edited December 2005
    federica wrote:
    I disagree that people like Hunt4life are in a minority.

I'm not sure what "people like Hunt4life" is. Those who practice kindness and believe in freedom?

I think he thinks I am evil. I think he is wrong.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited December 2005
    All,

In Buddhism, avijja is the only real "tiger" we need to fear. Conquer that and:

"Birth is ended, the holy life fulfilled, the task done! There is nothing further for the sake of this world." - MN 36

In that case, why is there so much time wasted talking about guns and tigers?

;)

Jason
  • edited January 2006
    As an American (and constantly seeking why we do the things we do) and a former Texas resident, I have seen more rifles displayed in the back of pick up trucks than I care to mention. Just the other day I was involved in a converstation with some fellow workers and the discussion lead to fishing. One colleague said he catches fish and throws them back. And then jokingly he said to the other, That's what you do when you go deer hunting, Right?? We are a disposable nation including weapons. Some Americans look at guns as a hobby. They collect old revolutionary/civil war/WW1/WW2/Korea/Viet Nam/weapons and say now this is how we showed THEM back yonder. And of course the biggest gun deal was when US sold weapons to Iran through Israel. And currently Iraq.( I could go on)
    The mentality is obtuse. Cruelty, violence, rape, murder are all around. Most brought about in this country by the beloved hand gun. So enough of the history.

Until now,as for myself, I dig in and avoid. I admire you HH. You have guts.( I think that's an American cliche) And I have learned from your posts that I will in the future speak out more against guns here in America. It's just one voice maybe to influence others. I'll keep you posted. Thanks
    edited January 2006
    I thank the Powers (whatever) that there is still enthusiasm for disarmament. There are times when I look at back at my time in CND, the Committee of 100 and the disarmament movement as if seeing a different age. We marched to, and then from, Aldermaston in the certainty that we could make a difference.

We did it because we believed that the possession of weapons signified an aggressive stance. The wolf does not bare its teeth without the intention to attack.

We also lived in a society where personal gun owning was a cultural no-no. Had I lived in a gun-owning society, I would probably have demonstrated against that as well. It is a sad fact that, despite more than 60 years of life, I have yet to lose my juvenile belief that one person can and must effect change which will resonate throughout society.

Quoique vous fassiez, écrasez l'infâme.
    Voltaire
  • edited January 2006
    There's nothing juvenile about that Simon. It's a mark of real maturity in my opinion.
  • edited January 2006
    Federica with respest........all I am saying is, take the Tiger out of the picture and there is no fear. Or am I being too simplistic.

Why not take the fear out of the picture and leave the poor tiger alone? Removing the tiger removes the symptom -- not the problem.

gassho
    -fd-
  • edited January 2006
    :grin:
  • edited January 2006
    InsideOut wrote:
    Cruelty, violence, rape, murder are all around. Most brought about in this country by the beloved hand gun. So enough of the history.

Blaming the gun...

If I am attacked by an angry man with a stick, is it the fault of the stick?

Poor 'ol tiger :D
    edited January 2006
    Perhaps the answer to gun legislation in the US is to licence and restrict the sale of ammunition. After all, it is rarely guns which kill. It is almost always the ammo.
  • edited January 2006
    Perhaps the answer to gun legislation in the US is to licence and restrict the sale of ammunition. After all, it is rarely guns which kill. It is almost always the ammo.

I have friends who want to restrict religious freedom for Muslims to help prevent terrorists attacks because its usually Muslims that have killed so many Americans.

Equally as reasonable, or unreasonable, depending on your fears I guess.
    edited January 2006
    Hunt4life wrote:
    I have friends who want to restrict religious freedom for Muslims to help prevent terrorists attacks because its usually Muslims that have killed so many Americans.

Equally as reasonable, or unreasonable, depending on your fears I guess.

Islam isn't the problem, religion is.
  • edited January 2006
    Hunt4life wrote:
    Blaming the gun...

If I am attacked by an angry man with a stick, is it the fault of the stick?

Poor 'ol tiger :D

To strike a person with a stick one must look them in the eye. To shoot someone with a gun can be done at a distance and may not even know them. Very cowardly.
  • edited January 2006
    All I can say at this point before someone who runs this site freaks out is thank god that none of you hold goverment positions. If you had half the muslim US population would be wiped out, there might possibly be a cull on tigers ( Look out Billy Smart's Circus), there would a rush on ammunition stores that might make the January sales look an average shopping day and the BNP would starting a coast to coast tour of the America.

And you think I'm nuts.
  • edited January 2006
    Islam isn't the problem, religion is.

Once again -- blaming the invention rather than the underlying fear and hopelessness that created "need" for the invention.

gassho
    -fd-
    edited January 2006
    Dear Federica,
    I am sorry but what I am trying to piont out is if you take guns out of the picure there will be no threat.........There will be no Tiger...No boggie Man....No Fear only peace

I have to disagree with you - I believe you are forgetting about how resourceful people are.

There are no handguns allowed in prison - yet there are all sort of murders that take place in prisons. You'd be amazed at what inmates can make a weapon out of.

The ruling class of Japan removed the right to bear arms to the peasants. Those same peasants are now known for creating beautiful martial arts that include the sai, bo, kama, nunchaku, etc. These were incredibly effective killing utensils used for protecting one and one's family.
    We should get rid of ropes and cars - since idiotic rednecks can drag a helpless human being (by the neck) behind a car until they are dead.
    We should definitely get rid of cars - I don't know how many thousands of people have been killed by cars. And alcohol - lots of people killed by alcohol. And doctors... lots of people killed by doctors.

Yes, if you placed gun control in effect - the general populace would not be able to carry guns. The violent people of this world would still own them and innocent civilians will still be killed.

I think we're placing too much emphasis on "guns". Removing guns from our society will not make this a Utopian place to live. It's the "human" race that decides to kill people - whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Maybe what we need is government Mind Control. Yeah... that's the ticket. Then EVERYTHING will be okay. :)

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    Well I think this whole think has lost it's thread. We are now into the arguing about convicted offenders in Prison.
    You and I don't live in prison......at least I don't. I am not debating or ever contradicting your point that the potiential for evil that excisting all of us nor am I talking about the potiential for good that excists in all of us.
    My point is simply this if we are all looking for is the most civilised way to live our lives we must take responsiblity then we vote or abstain.
    I admit what I am about to is subjective, never the less I believe and I thing it's already been proven that people respond positively and negatively depending on what political and social enviroment's that they live in.
    You might own a gun and hopefully go through you whole life not ever needing to us it. But it's the not people like you that bother me.
    What if the state denies it's citizens an opportunity to own and pistol or AK47. You are right it might not stop intent for evil but it might stop that person walking into a public school because they have had a bad day or stop talking their medication and spraying innocent children and staff with bullets.
    You have to agree that if someone with the same intent has a knife it would still be horiffic but it would be less of a tragedy.
    Of course there's always the threat a Japanese ninja's causing havoc at graduation.

Mind control is not what I am calling for and I think you know that. I only wish for responsible goverment. What is currently in place is a Republician administration that sleeps with the NRA.
    I say it again, in European Goverment mind control has been defeated. Firstly it was the NAZI'S then a rotten Soviet regime. Anything that smacks of mind control by any goverment in Europe is jumped upon immediately by Politicians and the free media( with the exception of Murdoch) it's called democracy.

HH
  • edited January 2006
    Sorry I managed to impress you all with my ability to miss words out... again
    edited January 2006
    Sorry I managed to impress you all with my ability to miss words out... again

Heh heh....

Herman,

I'm not arguing either. And I actually agree with you. I don't own any type of a gun. I have no need for a gun. I don't like being around guns and don't like them around me.

And I'm not arguing about convicted felons in prison killing each other - although technically there have been people in prison that were innocent of the charges against them... but I digress.

I'm just saying that truly and ultimately, it's not the guns - it's people that don't give a rat's ass about their fellow human being. Besides accidents (which is another reason to have some sort of gun control) - it's the intent of people that kill people.

That's why I threw in government subsidized lobotomies for EVERYONE!

Hurrah!

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Heh heh....

Herman,

I'm not arguing either. And I actually agree with you. I don't own any type of a gun. I have no need for a gun. I don't like being around guns and don't like them around me.

And I'm not arguing about convicted felons in prison killing each other - although technically there have been people in prison that were innocent of the charges against them... but I digress.

I'm just saying that truly and ultimately, it's not the guns - it's people that don't give a rat's ass about their fellow human being. Besides accidents (which is another reason to have some sort of gun control) - it's the intent of people that kill people.

That's why I threw in government subsidized lobotomies for EVERYONE!

Hurrah!

-bf

Personally, I prefer bare legs:wow:
    But bare arms will do.
    Om mane padme Hmmmmmmmmm

-fd-
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I'll step into this one. As mentioned earlier, it isn't the guns that are a problem, it's the problems that predate the gun. That's why I call myself an Assertive Pacifist. That means that I don't like to fight, I avoid fighting as much as possible, but I'm more than capable of fighting, and will if it is the most efficient solution to a conflict (not expedient, just efficient, meaning that the overall conflict is more likely to come to a better resolution than by other means).

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed in the US Constitution to serve as a deterrent to two things, that the Government does not overstep its' bounds, and that a foriegn power would not readily invade merely for the sake of conquest. The 2nd Amendment is the biggest guarantee of internal peace that US citizens have.
  • edited January 2006
    bushinoki wrote:
    I'll step into this one. As mentioned earlier, it isn't the guns that are a problem, it's the problems that predate the gun. That's why I call myself an Assertive Pacifist. That means that I don't like to fight, I avoid fighting as much as possible, but I'm more than capable of fighting, and will if it is the most efficient solution to a conflict (not expedient, just efficient, meaning that the overall conflict is more likely to come to a better resolution than by other means).

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed in the US Constitution to serve as a deterrent to two things, that the Government does not overstep its' bounds, and that a foriegn power would not readily invade merely for the sake of conquest. The 2nd Amendment is the biggest guarantee of internal peace that US citizens have.

Actually, the second amendment as written was intended to assure the availability of citizens equipped to defend their own communities and (by extension) the nation. What really screwed up the 2nd A was the establishment of a standing military -- a beast the constitutional framers loathed and distrusted. (With good reason.) What the framers of the constitution saw was more along the lines of the Swiss Military than a juggernaut of oppression and empire.

Cordially,
    fd
    edited January 2006
    Tex, that is true. In fact, what alot of people don't realize is that until the Civil War, there was only a small standing army, and Law Enforcement was a matter of a few elected/appointed officials, and Posse was the rule of the day when it came to apprehending wanted criminals. Obviously, there are modern issues to such a method of LE. Now that brings us to the second reason for the 2nd Amendment, which is that an armed populace is capable of checking the power of the government. Thomas Jefferson actually supported the notion of the populace having to control the government in many of his writings about the Constitution and the Proposed Bill of Rights.

This comes down to why Buddhism and many Martial Arts are so intertwined. One of the aspects of having peace seems to be having the power and ability to enforce and protect that peace.
  • edited January 2006
    I read the title of the Thread again, where the AK47 was the specific weapon highlighted. I will be honest and admit that the carrying of Handguns for protection against Robbery or Assault, maybe now be the only viable means of defense for the individual. However the AK47 is an Automatic assault weapon, mass produced with over 100 Million in circulation. How and in what circumstances can this weapon be readily available to the Public? this weapon is available for purchase in 109 establishments in California alone. This weapon is not particularly accurate even on single shot...on fully automatic it's accuracy unless at 'Point Blank' range is notoriously poor. I like to believe that I am 'Flexible' in my opinions, as such I have been swayed a little towards the argument put forward about owning a gun,in certain circumstances. This is a truly unpleasant piece of equipment, simple, virtually indestructible, can cut a Man in half, and more importantly is currently the favoured weapon of the terrorist!

I read on a site for the AK47 in the US the section about safety, apart from all the obvious advice it said that 'When hunting be careful climbing over fences when carrying your weapon'

HUNTING WHAT WITH AN AK47:confused:
  • edited January 2006
    For educational purposes...

"Automatic" AK47's are not for the general populace in the US. However, semi-automatic AK47's (one shot with each pull of the trigger) can be legally owned by the general [law-abiding] public in most states and, are no different (other than its "spooky" appearance) than the vast majority of more recognizable and accepted hunting rifles. The 'power' of the AK47 is actually much less than standard big game rifles.

The favored weapon of terrorists is not the AK47. In fact, their weapon if choice is not even a gun; its is the bomb. More people are being killed in the a war in Iraq (American soldiers and Iraqi civilians) with IED's (Improvised Explosive Devices) that with guns. The second favorite weapon of terrorist is the combination of a knife and and video camera - Cutting a man's head off to instill fear is a powerful weapon. Terror is a powerful weapon.
  • edited January 2006
    This is just macho insanity.....Buddhists endorsing the populace to carry weapons that can only lead to the destruction of life. Indeed some I see have can't detach fact from fiction. Please remember Kung Fu the series was just fiction.
    "Automatic" AK47's are not for the general populace in the US. However, semi-automatic AK47's (one shot with each pull of the trigger) can be legally owned by the general [law-abiding] public in most states and, are no different (other than its "spooky" appearance) than the vast majority of more recognizable and accepted hunting rifles. The 'power' of the AK47 is actually much less than standard big game rifles".

Oh and how about the not so law abiding folk. I would love you go a talk up these needs of owning a hand guns to the victims families.
    What are you protecting yourself from ? Is the answer Commies....Er No! Terrorists....Er... Not sure on that one... Maybe it's your neigbour who also has a gun....

Take the gun away and you still have motive. But it's just motive.
  • edited January 2006
    This is just macho insanity.....Buddhists endorsing the populace to carry weapons that can only lead to the destruction of life. Indeed some I see have can't detach fact from fiction. Please remember Kung Fu the series was just fiction.
    "Automatic" AK47's are not for the general populace in the US. However, semi-automatic AK47's (one shot with each pull of the trigger) can be legally owned by the general [law-abiding] public in most states and, are no different (other than its "spooky" appearance) than the vast majority of more recognizable and accepted hunting rifles. The 'power' of the AK47 is actually much less than standard big game rifles".

Oh and how about the not so law abiding folk. I would love you go a talk up these needs of owning a hand guns to the victims families.
    What are you protecting yourself from ? Is the answer Commies....Er No! Terrorists....Er... Not sure on that one... Maybe it's your neighbor who also has a gun....

Take the gun away and you still have motive. But it's just motive.

The (your) question is "Did Buddha say we have the right to bare arm....ie AK47"

I don't know that Buddha gave any direction regarding it. One person suggested Buddha didn't speak of rights.

I don't think the point (as the discussion has morphed into) is to endorse carrying weapons. Rather, for me, it is asking whether a Buddhist can/should protect himself (or others) with potentially lethal means. Re: should a "good" Buddhist allow himself to be killed? And, does a "good" Buddhist sit idly by and watch the slaughter/rape/torture of others when s/he could stop it?

That's a tough question, "Buddhawise", I think.
  • edited January 2006
    Hunt4life your right wing agenda has clouded you Buddha nature. I will spell it out, if your enemy doesn't have the a fire arm or the potiential to obtain one then why would you want one. For you it can only be about power and insecurity.
    Take the guns off the streets and peace will be the victor. There will aways be people like yourself that hold less than moderate views on all the issues that we have fought over before. Remember you still haven't answers my question on poverty,health care and a level playing field on education.
    All you have come up with is tax cuts, less goverment and the above relying on charity.
    It time for you to go back to school if you can afford the fee's or want to beg for hand outs.
    Man, you are going to be heart broken in 2008.
  • edited January 2006
    I almost forgot. I wanted to point to you Hunt4life the favoured weapon by Terrorist is Terror.
    You are not part of the solution you are just part of the problem.

HH
  • edited January 2006
    I will make an exception. This is a useful weapon http://www.ak47.tv/
  • edited January 2006
    HH, you obviously feel passionate on this subject, however I believe that H4Life has answered honestly and in context of the world that we live in now. You may not agree or indeed like his viewpoint, but this is now becoming 'Personal'....you have made some veiled and indeed some quite direct insults.....If this type of thread can't be discussed 'Civily' then maybe it is best not to discuss it at all.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Abraham,

I certainly agree with you.

Mr. Hesses appears to be simply trolling now.

Nothing skillful about that.

Tsk tsk.

Jason
    edited January 2006
    I'll say this again, I believe in Assertive Pacifism. I do not fight unless I have to, I don't want to fight, but I train to be ready to and will if necessary. The idea behind the right to keep and bear was to maintain the peace by making the population strong and ready.