Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hmmm, what to make of this :/

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited March 2011 in General Banter
I was flicking through youtube and saw a caption, 'the buddha became enlightened' so decided to give it a glimpse. It seems to be westernized and I cannot really take much from it in a buddhist sense. It seems to be more about cinematography than anything else. I am not too familiar with the scriptures, but what the hell is going on in this video apart from, apparently, the prince becoming enlightened....

Comments

• GuyCGuyC Veteran
    Agreed, mostly about cinematography. This is what happens when Buddhism (or anything) meets Hollywood.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    "Hooray for Hollywood!"

Where would we be without it?
    (The question is hypothetical. I really don't want to know because I suspect the answer in general would be, 'better off'....)
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Looks like he was riding the mare(a) and its fetters. I didn't watch the video with sound though, hooray for silence!