Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Uni-verse" means "One-song"

edited March 2011 in Faith & Religion
Hi everyone,

I had a spiritual experience a few months ago where I began projecting a lot of stuff. One of the things I projected was a concept of God and his relationship to the universe. I don't really believe all that much in God (I suspect many people reading this don't either) but that didn't stop the projection from coming out and telling its story. I didn't have any control over it, and I have no idea where these ideas came from. Its not really Buddhist at all, and I am a Buddhist. Here's the gist of what I experienced:

God, a masculine force, pure light, created this world. Created earth. Created the sky. Created the trees. Created the flowers. Created the waterfalls. He worked in the realm of matter.

But there was another force in the universe. A feminine force. It was vast and deep. It worked in the realm of spirit, or mind. Very mystical. Utterly unknowable. It was the stuff of emptiness, and space. Not nothingness, but emptiness. As true as light, but separate and apart, its very opposite, darkness.

God was very happy and pleased with his creation. He had labored and labored and labored. He enjoyed the work, he enjoyed creating this work of art. Like a piece of music, he had played with colors and sounds and smells. How pleasing. He knew he had realized perfection. But it brought him sadness that there was no one to enjoy it, that he was the only one to take pleasure from it. He was a generous God, the most giving force imaginable. He wanted desperately to share his happiness, his creation. He would do anything to share it with others. To have it be known. And while omnipotent in almost every aspect of creation, the one thing which God wanted to do the most, to share his creation, he could not.

So God, who was pure light, went to the doorstep of darkness. He asked her, please. Please give a part of yourself to this earth. Please let me infuse myself, my being, which is pure light, into your perfect darkness, your spirit stuff, so that together we may create something which may know this world.

And the darkness agreed. And even though it pained her to become something she was not, light entered into darkness. And consciousness on this planet as we know it was born.

Perhaps this is not the first time God has created a song, has created a wondrous planet, a miracle. Perhaps others have come before it, or perhaps others even exist today. And it most likely will not be the last. Of course, there will come a time when this planet, and life as we know it, will come to an end. God understands that beauty depends on change. All things must come and go. But fear not, for they will surely come again. This planet is not the last song that will be sung. And trust in your heart that spirit will be there again, willing to sacrifice herself for God, as she always has, for sacrifice is her very nature, and her love for God is eternal.

So do not despair. But be heedful. Your time on this earth is precious. You are part of a larger force, a force called life, that is called to a higher purpose, the purpose of realizing God's work. See his colors. Hear his sounds. Smell his fragrances. Bask in the warmth of his sun. At certain moments in your life he may even share with you a glimpse of his own mind - which is pure joy, great humor, unconditional love. And realize that even when all the lights are going out. And your final days have come, realize that others will take up the cause, and God will love them as he has loved you. And realize that even when the final, final days are upon us, and the journey of life as we know it on earth is coming to an end. And the feminine force known as spirit is ready to depart this planet and return to her darkness, even then, know that God will remain. And he will be pleased with you, and the work that you did. And out of his love for you, out of the joy that you brought him in being able to share his creation, his ultimate labor of love, while he rooted for you all along, because you served him, and because you were faithful to him, and because you knew his light, have faith that there will come a point in time when he will feel compelled again to form other wondrous worlds, ones with colors and sounds and beauty beyond our wildest imagination. And finally have faith that because of you, because of the effort you exerted during your time on this planet, your effort to continue, to go on, to survive, have faith that he will once again call upon consciousness and the stuff of life to bear witness to his love, his one song, his universe, and have faith that your life, and the life of all sentient beings, will not have been without a purpose.

Comments

• GuyCGuyC Veteran
    Beautiful. Not necessarily true or "Right View", but certainly beautiful. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Yes, very nice. Obviously took Effort and View, and your approach is certainly positive. Thank you for sharing your experience.
  • I think it corresponds to some stuff I've read from Trungpa Rinpoche regarding feminine and the masculine as giving and stable or calm. The feminine is the wisdom or I guess from seeing the problem the own momentum to find the solution. That is trying to yolk it with your idea of the mind and emptiness. In this assessment the masculine isn't necessarily material but it is stable and solid. Different notion.

Some examples the torch the masculine is the handle and the feminine is the flame. A sword the feminine is the blade and the masculine the back and handle.

In an awareness context say your room is a mess. The masculine steadies you so you don't just freak out and get in negative ego about blame or unfair. The feminine gives insight into what to clean first how to change things. The relationships and so forth.
  • I believe in God.
  • Me too.