Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Eyes Open Meditation

edited March 2011 in Meditation
Recently iv been practicing more E.O.M. Do any of you practice it? What do you think is the validity of Eyes Open meditation?

Comments

• I try to do it but my eyes like to close themselves so it never really works for me.
  • I always meditate with my eyes open as instructed by Dogen's Fukanzazengi

• So if you do an eyes-open meditation, then you also have to mindful of the sight?
  • the idea is to have your eyes half closed. it's to keep you from falling asleep. and it brings more awareness because you don't get lost so much in the blackness when you close your eyes.

this is also called zazen. you close your eyes half way and stare at a wall. it's not to be mindful of sight but to completely negate sight.
  • So if you do an eyes-open meditation, then you also have to mindful of the sight?
    Yes, we should treat it the same as we treat the other five sense doors.