Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

a fictional naritave based on my realizations

Seeker567Seeker567 Explorer
edited March 2011 in Arts & Writings
*this is obviously not real. this is a fictional story with some elements of the Buddhas life. enjoy :) *
A lake. reflecting the trees around it in all of their glory. A man approached the lake, seeking the turth of the world. He is not ling exposed to the world, only recently awaking from a thousand year slumber. He sees the lake from a distance, noticing the trees reflecting it it. He is hesitant as he approaches, not knowing if what he sees in the lake is real. Standing on the bank, he decides the only way to find out is to jump in. As he does, re has a realization. The reflections in the water were just that. reflections. The true nature of the water, the cool, calm, stillness, had been hidden. The mind, he thought, is clouded with ignorance, just as the lake is clouded with reflections. Water, left alone without any movement or reflection, only reflects off of itself. The same is with the mind. he felt a moment of peace was over him. As he got out of the water, he wondered if he could make that feeling of peace last. He found a tree, and sat under it. as he began meditating, a flower petal fell. he watched it fall, when it hit the waters surface, he had another realization. when events fall into our lives, like flowers falling into water, ripples occur. emotions run through our head like water. but in the center, where the flower fell, it was still. the water passed through it. he wondered how he could learn to "live in the center" like the flower did. after searching, he found a way. Right View, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Intention, Right Mindfulness, Right effort, and Right effort. He gathered many, and told them this : life contains suffering. Suffering has a cause, and it can be known. But it can end. and it ends when you live in the center.

comments? :)

Comments

• Seeker567Seeker567 Explorer
    edited March 2011
    come on anyone? :(
  • I liked it :) what I liked most was the picture you painted with your words. I believe I have heard a similar story but with different elements. It shows some truth about the mind. Good job ^_^ I also think this is good for beginners as a reference to the nature of our minds. Perhaps it does not completely cover the topic but then again most things rarely do. Keep up the creativity.
    With love, Jen
  • thank you ^_^
  • Hi Seeker,

I liked the story.
    Isn't the center the exact place where we are? Or do we need to go there? If we need to go there, who is going there?
  • its a "we need to live in the present moment" sorta thing.
  • Bodha8Bodha8 Veteran
    Hi Seeker,

I liked the story.
    Isn't the center the exact place where we are? Or do we need to go there? If we need to go there, who is going there?
  • Bodha8Bodha8 Veteran
    I have.
  • Bodha8Bodha8 Veteran
    Hi Seeker,

I liked the story.

I am.

• CloudCloud Veteran
    I liked it.