Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sooo...

edited January 2006 in General Banter
I'm alone and lonely on New Years. Anything I can do or anyone else here in my situation?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Don't be lonely... remember, you reach the new year before some, and after others, depending on your time-zone.
    you're hopefully not out in the cold, or destitute and homeless...
    rejoyce, with every hour that passes, that you are where - and when - you are!
  • edited December 2005
    yeah thats true, but its hard to be away from the one person you love dearly for both christmas and new years.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2005
    That's sad, Craig. No point trying to jolly you along 'cos it's truly shitty. Is there something, anything you can do to make the occasion better?

When you're falling to your death from a very high place, it's a pity not to enjoy the view.
    (quoted to me as a Dzogchen saying)
  • edited December 2005
    that quote is a nice one, and yeah i can occupy my mind and time with things, music, writing, movies,etc. . but it still wont compare to missing love ya know?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Craig,

I am sorry to hear that, I definitely know how you feel.

I spent my Christmas without my loved ones also.

I had Christmas "dinner" alone at IHOP. LOL!

But, I did do some serious meditation.

Take the time to practice.

That's my advice.

Best wishes.

:)

Jason
  • edited January 2006
    Jason I dont even know you but you seem really cool.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Aaaaah... then wait until you DO get to know him.... Jason/Elohim is 'Captain Ice-Man' personified! :bowdown: :thumbsup:
  • edited January 2006
    Remember you and your loved one succesfully lived and loved on 2005. There must be great events waiting in 2006!!!
  • edited January 2006
    Craig wrote:
    I'm alone and lonely on New Years. Anything I can do or anyone else here in my situation?

Yes, stop resisting how you feel or to put it in practical terms - sit with those feelings, learn to be with them without judging them as bad or trying to push them away.
  • edited January 2006
    And if all else fails, just watch "Little Britain", although that show is on BBC, so only available in the UK. So, if you're not in th UK, I have no advice.
  • edited January 2006
    It's also thankfully available on BBC America in the US
    edited January 2006
    ....It's lost it's novel cutting edge though....
    They're either beginning to labour the plot, or they're running out of ideas.
    It's not as funny any more.
  • edited January 2006
    It's available in the US! What happened to BBC meaning British Broadcasting!? Anyway, never suggest that Little Britain is not funny! I even have the top trumps cards!
  • edited January 2006
    Don't worry Mark, BBC America is pretty dire most of the time, filled with commercials and irritating stuff all over the screen, so it's pretty much like all the rest of America's TV stations (unwatchable), with slightly better programming now and again that one has to really like to put up with the amount of advertising.
  • edited January 2006
    CASH IN THE ATTIC and old Benny Hill episodes.
  • edited January 2006
    On the cover of the little britain series 2 DVD, it says "Little Britain is a national treasure", I believe in that 100%!