Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Similarities (Buddhist/Christian)

2»

Comments

• I used to do the whole 'to whom it may concern', albeit phrased slightly more informally ;D
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2011
    "The two whirlpools of theism and non-theism". Not to mention the whirlpool of gender, or language in general. To what extent is our (or...believers') image of God formed by the fact that our language requires that we select a pronoun to refer to Him/Her/It? What if God is a genderless ball of loving energy? To what extent does Man conceive of God in his own image? Does anyone really have any clue what they're talking about when they say "God"? I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not. I guess "God" is one of those "imponderables" like the ones that keep cropping up in Buddhism. :-/