Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thich Nhat Hanh art

CosmicGypsyCosmicGypsy Veteran
edited April 2011 in Arts & Writings
My first artwork even vaguely related to Buddhism. I actually made this more of a political piece, before I knew much about Buddhism.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• For those too lazy to download, here's a direct link to view online; http://i53.tinypic.com/ddyij9.jpg
  • Very beautiful, I like it.
  • I like your color use, very awesome!
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    Very beautiful :)

Personally I would not have done the squares, kind of removes the peacefulness. But I like it anyway :D
  • I think the right side is a contrast between the beauty and peace and the attached 'eastern' culture coming to the west and seeming menacing economically or politically.
  • I really couldn't confirm or deny that. Maybe in my subconscious there's deeper meaning there.

The black and darkness in contrast with the vibrant colours is the only thing I could probably comment on, and that'd be my own negativity and bitterness in respect to the world or society. I'm pretty jaded and conflicted.. Again though I'd be guessing. I don't often set out with intentions of that ilk in mind.

Glad you all like it. I will work on more related art when I find the time. If anyone here is involved in a monastery or something of the sort I'll make sure to work in industry print sizes, and you can take the files, print them off, canvas them, sell them, do what you want with them.
  • Very nice, did you draw this by hand ?? or is it a collage of sorts?
  • It's a mixed-media piece, created in Adobe Photoshop. I must confess to cheating with the image of Thich Nhat Hanh himself, though. I say cheating, it's not really cheating unless you're cheating people or being dishonest. I used what's known as the smudge tool to get the painted look. It's a shortcut of kinds.

Basically you carefully use the smudge tool to blur out and remove unclean pixels and the like, the end result being it looks like you've drawn or airbrushed a piece. To varying degrees, depending on the image and length of time you spend.

Most my work is done in Photoshop.
  • I love that!
    Nice work!

Jason