Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Why has Bodhi-Dharma Left For the East?

StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
edited April 2011 in Arts & Writings
Has anyone else seen this? I began to watch it last night (via Netflix streaming), but unfortunately only made it around 45 minutes into the film before storms rolled through. I can of course rewatch it and I think I'll do so tonight (probably).

Comments

• he was looking for his shoe! hahahahahah

good movie. it's a korean film and definitely worth finishing!
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    I was trying to watch it the other day, but didn't get too into it. lol

• i havn't seen it but I have to say bodhidharma's teachings are my favorite. Gave me the most insight I could ever ask for. I beleive he had no intention for the west at all
  • Some students gets punched in the face by Chan masters for asking that question! All good I reckon! :p
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    edited April 2011
    the buddha is stuck in a tree with his teeth clenching onto a branch. below him is a student asking the question, "why has bodhi-dharma left for the east?". if the buddha talks, he falls to the ground to his death. if the buddha stays silent then the student cannot be led in the right direction.

what would you do?

• the buddha is stuck in a tree with his teeth clenching onto a branch. below him is a student asking the question, "why has bodhi-dharma left for the east?". if the buddha talks, he falls to the ground to his death. if the buddha stays silent then the student cannot be led in the right direction.

what would you do?

You are already on the ground! What you talkin about homeboy?! Or should I say Buddha? :P