Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Songwriters?

edited April 2011 in Arts & Writings
Hi there,

Are there any songwriters out there? Looking for anyone who writes songs to share thoughts with.....

Best,

Tim

Comments

• Hi Tim

I write music but, since I don't sing, I usually co-write songs with singers.

I'm interested in sharing ideas with you. I believe that music is a very powerful language that transcends many of the artificial barriers that we, as humans, have put between ourselves.

-cr
  • Hi!

Didn't see you'd written back until today! Nice to meet you.

Music is indeed a very powerful language. I have been working on writing music and honing my craft and just expressing myself through it for many years now! I feel very lucky.

Sometimes however, I've dealt with creative block, or a kind of fear of making music. A fear of my own creativity if you will. That's why I've turned to meditation and Buddhism; the same conditions which have caused me blockage have also caused me other kinds of unhappiness in life. Looking at it is good.

On the other hand, I'm someone who has alot of intense samsaric emotions to express, one could say, or at least some of my songs are aggressive or even vengeful and spiteful at times. Some are completely not that, but I find that I am afraid to express negativity in song and music... I don't want to sow the seeds of suffering. I like hip-hop and punk that is dirty and obscene even at times, with attitude, wildness. I suppose I have sought friends to discuss music on this site because I have felt conflicted about this!

I don't want to block myself with rules or expectations. I would like to open up and let potentially frightening or intense things out. I would like to bring my own barriers down, and feel freedom to create fully, fearlessly.

What kind of music do you make? Where do your interests lie?

Music, art, expression.... Amazing things to share!

Best wishes,

Tim
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    I write songs and they can be viewed on http://www.leonbasin.net
    They are under songs tag.
    I listen to all kinds.
  • my meditation practice is songwriting.
    I just wrote a song called 'All That Is" that seems to connect well with Buddhist philosophy.
    you can hear it here....

http://www.reverbnation.com/1soultoburn

here are the lyrics...
    All That Is

All the world’s a stage. The play is all the rage. In a golden age All that is is all divine
    All will come to know what it is that doesn’t show. So there you go.
    It’s all an act of God.

Verse 1
    Wherever we may draw the line, I wanna see the whole design, a clue, a sign
    All that is is all divine.
    Good and evil and peace and war. We’re only human or are we more? At the core
    We’re all an act of God.

Verse 2
    All is one and one is all. The rising up and the fall. Tear down the walls.
    All that is is all divine
    Alone in an infinite universe. Both the blessing and the curse. For better for worse
    It’s all an act of God.

Chorus

Verse 3
    It’s all one grand symphony. The dissonance and the harmony. Let it be.
    All that is is all divine
    When it seems to make no sense love will be your best defense when your up against it
    It’s all an act of God.

Verse 4
    If the devil’s confusing you, at some level you know what’s true. Change your point of view to All that is is all divine
    Just when you thought you’d nailed it down. That love is a verb and God is a noun.
    Look around. It’s all an act of God.