Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Ultimate Test

edited April 2011 in Philosophy

Comments

• No doubt that our body, mind is just part of the universe and we have no control over it.

However, our evolution has equipped our ego with being attached to our DNA. Probably, this is why we are capable of discussing this on Internet.
    :crazy:

Why Buddhism is not putting it clear. Your mind, your ego, me, I, our existence – is just delusion and will stop.

Tough luck. Accept it.

OK, it gives you a goal: COMPASSION.

Our compassion goes as far as sharing our DNA with a sex partner.

We will produce an off springs. Hopefully, we will have control till the teenage years. :banghead:

It is natural.

What erases will die.

Meditation as an answer to stop fearing death.

OK, but should it stop us experiencing normal life? Is it going to rob us from whatever we know for sure?
    Life with a lot of suffering but beauty and color at the same time.

Will be better to stay in the cave, starve, and be celibate, work hard on depriving yourself of emotions – and hope for Nirvana?

:confused:
  • PS

I know that our '' commpassion ''goes further then sharing our DNA but not too much.

Ask any mum or dad.
  • I am sorry, but I think you have a few misconceptions here. Compassion goes a lot further than sex, sex is sometimes or often nothing to do with compassion and more to do with gratification and attachment. True compassion is pure, it is when you wish for nothing in return of your act, your act of compassion shines upon you and those around you.

Secondly, monks do not deprive themselves of emotions. It is how you deal with these emotions. That being said, the buddha did say that we should find everything neutral.

What is normal life? Life is life, we all experience the same life, it is how we perceive it.

I no longer fear death as I believe in rebirth and fearing something that is in the future is pointless. Why fear something that does not exist. You do not know when you will die, but when you do so what... Death is just as much a part of life as being born or breathing, or having sex!
  • edited April 2011
    OK, but should it stop us experiencing normal life? Is it going to rob us from whatever we know for sure?

Will be better to stay in the cave, starve, and be celibate, work hard on depriving yourself of emotions – and hope for Nirvana?
    Hi tess

Life is not a decision between a (supposed) normality and a cold cave.

Everything comes at a price.

For example there is a saying: Love can be colder than death.

How shallow or deep you want to experience your life is up to you.

The other 'choices' are just requisites,

:)
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    @thecap, just wanted to say thanks for sharing the video, it was something special. :)
  • OK, but should it stop us experiencing normal life? Is it going to rob us from whatever we know for sure?
    :confused:
    Our goal is not to kill our emotions and die, that would be sadly stupid.

But we can live a new life without being a slave to our emotions.

This is called the deathless state.

:)
  • just wanted to say thanks for sharing the video, it was something special. :)
    You're welcome. :cool: