Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Homeboys!!!

edited April 2011 in Arts & Writings
Finally some decent Buddhist hiphop! Check deez *stuff* out!!!!

Comments

• NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    Any lyrics ??
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Wha......t?:wtf:

can't see it myself.:skeptic:

Sorry. :facepalm:
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    To each his own, but not for me.
  • I'll listen to it on louder volume when I leave my grandmas :) She doesn't like rap music, but I like the idea of it thanks for sharing.
  • Homage song to the Buddhadhamma: :mullet:
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    Thanx @NOTaGangsta

I have contacted the artist and asked if he could point me to or provide me with the lyrics... will post them here if I get them.
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    I gotta say the instrumental is a little too high on the volume (only a little), so it might be a little difficult for some people to understand what is being said. I understand it and I rather like it! I wonder if he has a mix tape.
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    Ah, forget what I said about the instrumental. It was a glitch on my end! lol
  • I prefer Buddhist reggae

:mullet:
  • Guess not many dawgs n Gs in here :P
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    edited April 2011
    Real strong NOTaGangsta! Thanks for sharing. Here's another:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ep8MJjiHmKI
    The Buddhadharma is here in the west and becoming westernized, gotta love it.
  • Hey everyone!! Thanks for all the nice comments about my music
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    Hello @aCultivator, what inspired you to use hip hop as a vehicle to spread dharma? I must say that I really like your mix tape! Keep up the good work!
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Great stuff!
  • Hiphop's beat and pace is very compatible with Sutra chanting.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Hiphop's beat and pace is very compatible with Sutra chanting.
    Yep!
    Spoken Word poetry is as well.
    My stuff can be viewied here:
  • @Takuan I started rapping about politics almost 10 years ago but I gave that up for the Buddhist spiritual life and my rapping changed with it. I have always felt that hiphop has a special way of clearly spelling out what the artists meaning is so I have continued to use it as a vehicle to spread the teachings. EVERYONE PLEASE LIKE ME ON FACE BOOK AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS THANKS!!! http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Cultivator/383630398640
  • Awsome you switched onto the way! Politics is a never ending black hole. Immortal technique is a good example of getting a big head!
  • evolveevolve Explorer
    honestly, I love it, thanks for sharing.hip hop is awesome
  • Hiphop's beat and pace is very compatible with Sutra chanting.
    Yep!
    Spoken Word poetry is as well.
    My stuff can be viewied here:
    You listen to Canibus? Reminded me of him a little. A little of early Jedi Mind Tricks - Psycho Social too. The subject matter more than anything.

Now if you guys want poetry type rap, there's none other than Britain's Jehst. His production is wonderful.

^ That tracks about the decline of Industry in the North of England.

Most don't like Brit-Hop but I'm sure people here will be able to get past the accents. His lyrics can be found online if you mishear.

^ But If we're talking out and out lyrical skill Phi Life Cypher are one of the best groups in history. They'd have made a good name for themselves in the 90's if they were from New York, I have no doubt(he had have a song with Canibus but can't find it). Another group that have awesome instrumentals too. He's probably actually the best freestyler I've ever heard, real freestyles too. You can give him a glass of milk and he'll rap about it. Check the freestyle below, absolutely insane, regardless of the topics he talks about

And of course, the inspiration for my forum handle :)

Probably one of my all time favourite tracks. Would love to get hold of the instrumental.