Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dalai Lama speaking with Amnesty Internation Wednesday - Live

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited May 2011 in Buddhism Today
Looky what I got in my email from Amnesty International. Too bad I can't attend, as I have school:

Dear Jarred,

On Wednesday May 4, 2011 Amnesty International USA is honored to present the first-ever "Shine A Light On Human Rights" award to His Holiness the 14 th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso for his tireless commitment to social justice and human rights around the world.

Due to the overwhelming popularity of this event, tickets are completely SOLD OUT. But you can still join us for a special online event:

Where: http://amnestyusa.org/dalailama
What: Watch live-streaming video from the event and chat with other Amnesty supporters about legacy of the Dalai Lama and this special occasion.
When:
Wednesday May 4, 2011
9:45 a.m. PST/ 12:45 p.m. EST

His Holiness the Dalai Lama will deliver a keynote address, which will be preceded by a welcome from Ann Burroughs, a former prisoner of conscience from South Africa, and the award presentation by Larry Cox, Amnesty International USA's Executive Director.

I hope you will join us - virtually or otherwise - for this special event!

Sincerely,
Rini Chakraborty
Western Regional Director
Amnesty International USA

Comments