Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

World Vision: Please Help those in need

edited May 2011 in General Banter
Hi everyone,

Have compassion for suffering sentient beings. Currently, in East Timor, children only have 1 meal a day, for example: one kumara. Many children are dying from malnutrition and poor external conditions. Half of all young children in East Timor are malnourished.And many more children around the world are suffering as well.

World Vision helps those in need and I'm supporting World Vision with the 40 Hour Famine. This is where I deprive myself of something for 40 hours and people sponsor me for doing it. All the money goes to World Vision with the funds focusing on East Timor this year.

Help those poor children and donate, I've set up an online 40 Hour Famine account where you can sponsor me directly, it's on the official website.

My goal is to raise $200 NZ this year and I need your help.

http://famine.org.nz/alexdjain

Thank you for helping those in need,
Om mani padme hung

Comments

• zidanguszidangus Veteran
    Sounds a great idea Snowpaw :) , do you take paypal also as a method of donation ?
  • edited May 2011
    Just click "Donate Now" on the page of the link in my post.I've just checked now, I don't see paypal. There might be a way but it's easier if you follow the steps on the website.
    Thank you!

P.S Oh and I do the famine on 27-29 of May. PLEASE, EVERYONE, TRY TO DONATE BEFORE OR DURING, OR THE FOLLOWING 5 DAYS OF THAT TIME. THANK YOU. :)
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    WordVision is a Christian organization. Do they proseletyze? Is receiving their aid contingent on becoming a Christian?
  • zidanguszidangus Veteran
    edited May 2011
    Wiki has this,

U.S. President Richard Stearns stated that World Vision has a strict policy against proselytizing. [12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Vision_International

World vision india does not look to good tough in the article
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Wonderful!
    Thank you!
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited May 2011
    World Vision has been linked to the CIA. I think they do good work, so does Habitat for Humanity, also a Christian org. and linked to World Vision and the CIA. People can decide for themselves whether this is an issue or not.
    911review.org/Alex/crash_CIA_Habitat_sex.html