Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is your meditation practice working in your favor?

santhisouksanthisouk Veteran
edited May 2011 in Meditation
Has anyone ever felt that what you gain in each meditation stays with you and your self esteem, wisdom, and senses has been refined?

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    I agree that it does. But its not like if you meditate more you will become superman or something. And it doesn't mean every time you meditate that is reliable. For instance you might have a lot of loathing of self come up in meditation. That might be good in the long run, but that doesn't mean you would necessarily overcome that in one sitting. And it might make you moody that particular day. As far as wisdom it depends what you mean by wisdom? I think it does open your senses but that wears off.
  • santhisouksanthisouk Veteran
    edited May 2011
    I have heard stories from people that claim they are able to see ghosts, demons, and deities through their meditation (permanently).
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    So.....?
    edited May 2011
    I just thought I'd share that since there was such an overwhelming number of responses and people willing to share their experience. :)
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited May 2011
    Meditation can bring about calm, which can stay with you for a time after you meditate, but the real benefit is the direct experiential insight gained in meditation that actually changes your perspective and allows the mind to act in accordance with the true nature of all phenomena (including itself). That insight destroys defilements that otherwise would work against your calm, and so the calm/still state of mind becomes ever-present as opposed to only after meditating.
    edited May 2011
    I has changed my life thats for sure. I see the world differently than before.