Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ghost Dog.

edited January 2006 in General Banter
Has anyone seen it...?

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Yes.
  • edited January 2006
    Excellent movie.
  • edited January 2006
    Anyone read the Hagakure?
  • edited January 2006
    I read Hagakure a few years ago.
  • edited January 2006
    I keep meaning too, but so far haven't. Do you guys recommend it?
  • edited January 2006
    No, I don't recommend 'Hagakure'. I would suggest, instead, 'The Unfettered Mind' as well as "The Life-Giving Sword'.
  • edited January 2006
    Aha, thank you for that.
  • edited January 2006
    I keep meanin too, but so far haven't. Do you guys recommend it?

I would recommend it from an interest in Samurai behaviour and mindset and as a historical document.

:)
  • edited January 2006
    Noted and thank you.
  • edited January 2006
    You know, it is funny, but I kind of think my whole turn to martial arts and Buddhism actually stems from watching 'Ghost Dog'. A couple of years ago, I saw a piece of it on TV. About 2 years ago, I had this real 'yearning' to see that movie. Something about it called to me...the parts of the 'Hagakure' interspersed with the sword kata scenes...it was all so 'samurai'.

Got the movie, that led to obtaining the book (Hagakure), which lead to the martial arts section of the Barnes and Noble, which led to me thinking about taking a martial art, which resulted in learning about Buddhism.

From dog to Buddha...how...Mu. ;)